Sheffield 2011 beer festival

owl4eva

i,m keeping an open mind about this years venue, just glad to get it back indoors! just a query though; why can't it go back to being in the concert room of a wmc again?

Because most of the working mens clubs are either not centrally located, too small, too shabby, demolished or burnt down.

Ponds Forge should be good - convenient city centre location and one of the city's flagship venues. It also sees the festival grow a bit bigger.

I'm sure there will be the odd teething problem that will be lessons learnt for next year, but hopefully not significant enough to stop people enjoying their visit.

Because most of the working mens clubs are either not centrally located, too small, too shabby, demolished or burnt down.

just a suggestion: crookes wmc? big room, on a main bus route, certainly not shabby and very much still on the go?

just a suggestion: crookes wmc? big room, on a main bus route, certainly not shabby and very much still on the go?

Not sure if the WMCs appreciate it - wasn't there floor damage to the Darnall one a few years ago after a fest?

Out of town and too small - and I'm not sure the members would appreciate us taking over the club for the week! Anyway enough talk of where the festival isn't taking place!

The festival is definately happening at Ponds Forge in the International Sports Hall and I feel this is what it needs to take it up a level.

Central location close to trains, buses and trams and its one of Sheffield's flagship venues. Its much bigger too with a capacity of 2000 people, so more people can get in (last few years there have been long queues on Friday night) and this also means we can offer a much bigger beer range (around 200 beers rather than 100).

Central location close to trains, buses and trams and its one of Sheffield's flagship venues. Its much bigger too with a capacity of 2000 people, so more people can get in (last few years there have been long queues on Friday night) and this also means we can offer a much bigger beer range (around 200 beers rather than 100).

Well, the Derby beer fest moved to the roundhouse and really improved for it, so one should expect that with a central and bigger location, the same will happen for Sheffield.

It'll be ace.

It's harder than people realise finding a large enough, centrally placed venue, that can give up the space for over a week, and within a manageable budget. Woefully few places in Sheffield.

I'll be there as both punter and volunteer. I love beer, me.

Out of town and too small - and I'm not sure the members would appreciate us taking over the club for the week! Anyway enough talk of where the festival isn't taking place!

The festival is definately happening at Ponds Forge in the International Sports Hall and I feel this is what it needs to take it up a level.

out of town and too small? it used to be in St Philips? Crookes is the biggest concert room on the circuit and it is on the bus route which carries the most passengers in sheffield year after year so is perhaps the most frequent! your point doesn't stand up. however i respect that it is in the city centre this time and i am looking forward to it i just think it was better in an already established venue.

Archived