Chinese/Japanese people, the least offensive races. ?

I know it is tempting to group Chinese and Japanese people like allot of you seem to be doing, but don't. They are very different people.

I do agree though, people that come over here from that part of the world tend to be very polite. But more likely than not, especially in the case of the Japanese, they will only be polite to your face. A very xenophobic people, it will take 1000s of years for that to change.

Gotta laugh at the Tokyo governor, that guy really does hate westerners.

They were most definitely xenophobic towards the allied prisoners of war in 1943.

Interesting insight.

I do meet quite a few "orientals" (arghhh, isn't there a better way of describing them ?) due to my hobby, and the guided tours i do each summer, and usually they have one person (a spokesman ?) asking the questions and translating, very politely, almost submissive you could say, they don't question anything usually, though i'm not sure if that's due to their inquisitiveness and a want to move to the next site, to take yet more photographs (the tours i do are very conducive to photography).

I took a party of 30 last year on a 7 mile walk, i warned them to stock up on water and food as it was over moorland in sweltering heat, and though you could see a few of them were suffering i got nothing but thanks at the end of the walk.

Given the choice i'd take their party again over any other "race".

Edit: I'm not the least racist, but i love my hobby and my tours and these people seem to appreciate it over the other people i've guided.

They are from the Asian race, so should be referred to as Asians.

I once had a close oriental (Korean) friend, it went badly, due to her extreme unwillingness to cause any minor offence or express any kind of disagreement. She'd always say everything was fine, when it wasn't at all. She was very two-faced, she'd say a lot of offensive stuff to me about other people that I didn't even know, but never anything to their faces.

Also, it's not a race issue, it's a cultural issue. I find that people from oriental races who were brought up in this country behave much like any other English person.

I have a close chinese mate, and she is totally up front at all times and doesn't care if she offends or not... Manchu chinese are a warrior race, and her relatives who I have met seem pretty much the same as her... It might be that's her familly, it might be that it's manchu people who are all the same or it might be that everyone is different? Some are two faced and some don't care what they say to you, as long as it's the truth...

I do get what the OP says though - you aren't likely to be assaulted in the street by a chinese or a japanese kid... Probably cos they are better bought up? Culturally they are very different to us and to many who are raised more volatile even than UK born white and black people...

They are from the Asian race, so should be referred to as Asians.

Asian race??? I am not sure if there is such a race, although you are correct in that Chinese and Japanese people come from the continent known as Asia, and therefore are Asian, as we are European...

Asian race??? I am not sure if there is such a race, although you are correct in that Chinese and Japanese people come from the continent known as Asia, and therefore are Asian, as we are European...

Hi,

Continents are political barriers, but race is altogether a different thing. For example, even though India has been placed in the continent of Asia, the people that live in the country are of the Caucasian race.

Archived