Job centre staff to sign onto the dole

Spoken to someone who works in a job center today and i was told this...

18 out of 21 people on their floor have been told they are being made redundant. This obviously means that the case load for the remaining 3 people is going to be increased by a silly amount.

As far as this person knew A4e was having to bid for the contract again sometime soon.

Ok, you all need to listen up on what im about to say seriously, the job centres and processing sites are not going to be needed, why? I will explain....As from this very coming September things are going to change dramatically, everyone on job seekers allowance will have to do 40hrs a week community work, if you dont believe me i urge you to search and look for yourselves, you will find this is fact......Now , reasons i believe this is totally so wrong, here are two examples. Person (A) is single and has paid his or hers mortgage over a period of years and is unemployed recieving £65.00 per week benefit. Person (B) is married has two children and lives in rented accomodation and all benefit inc housing benefit totalls £450.00 per week..... Under the new proposed said system, both persons (A) and (B) will have to do 40hrs a week community work.......Question is this , why should person (A) work for around £1.50 per hour when person (B) earns around £10.50 per hour......wrong wrong wrong Mr Cameron, person (A) should only have to work around 11 hrs a week as near £6.00 per hour is the law.......but alas it seems Mr Cameron and his hoppo Mr Dumcon Smith are above the law and not going to listen to my plea of common sense.

I worked with the job centre staff for about 20 months and knew them quite well. When I was made redundent I actually signed on at the job cenre I had worked with. What a difference towards me did there attitude change to, they went into robot move as though theywere acting a script. Hope they like that attitude what goes round comes round. I will say that there were one or two that were still very friendly.

Archived