Job centre staff to sign onto the dole

so you think its its right that the people that should be targeted in all this can do the community work for in excess of £10.50 an hour whilst others on a megre benefit near all of which want to work earn £1.50 an hour......im sure you would be happy to go work 40 hrs (30 working plus !0 so called training) for £1.50 per hour....try looking beyond your nose.
You're making figures up to suit yourself

Theres no good reason for them to tell you that. There are no pilot schemes i'm aware of. There is certainly not a national thing going on. The only thing that it might be is if you are recently signing on then you may have to go on a week long course which would be 40 hours where you would get your benefit money but that is not community service and its not a permanent thing.

Oh brilliant, another course that doesn't help anyone.

I'm sure they'd save more money if they stopped sending people on stupid courses.

Theres no good reason for them to tell you that. There are no pilot schemes i'm aware of. There is certainly not a national thing going on. The only thing that it might be is if you are recently signing on then you may have to go on a week long course which would be 40 hours where you would get your benefit money but that is not community service and its not a permanent thing.

ive been out of work 6 months disco and she did say community work and 40hrs, it was an actuall inteview the type you have every so often , im sure you know the inteview i mean.......so, why did she say this to me if its not true i dont get it......like i said there is stuff on the net about it all but it is vague......if what you say is true then when i next sign on im going to bring it up be assertive and get to the bottom of it.

At 26 weeks you move from contribution based JSA (JSA©) to Income based JSA (JSA(I)) this is whats known as a passported benefit. This means that now you get full housing benefit and council tax benefit. So you need to let housing know that you are changing. Also what generally happens is you go on a job skills course for a week. You aren't going to be made to do permanent community service for 40 hours a week.

ive been out of work 6 months disco and she did say community work and 40hrs, it was an actuall inteview the type you have every so often , im sure you know the inteview i mean.......so, why did she say this to me if its not true i dont get it......like i said there is stuff on the net about it all but it is vague......if what you say is true then when i next sign on im going to bring it up be assertive and get to the bottom of it.

You are talking about a 3 or 4 week course to help people out of work long term get ready for the job market and to get them back to a working "frame of mind". The work would be 30 hours per week and be beneficial to the local community and leave you time for a job search.

It is not permanent and meant to help people get back to work. If used properly it could be hugely helpful to people who have lost confidence and got out of the routine that work brings.

It isn't 40 hours and it is a pilot being introduced further afield over the coming months.

Is it really so bad?

Paul

Ask the adviser to give you details of the scheme. Ask what you will get from it and why you are going on it. Does it meet your needs? Does it help you are tick a box for the adviser? While you are their ask for the customer charter as well and know your rights and what you can expect.

Oh brilliant, another course that doesn't help anyone.

I'm sure they'd save more money if they stopped sending people on stupid courses.

These courses, including the likes of a4e, are designed purely to make the terminally unemployed look like they're making some modicum of effort, and thus shut the Daily Mail and Telegraph readers up.

I went in to a Jobcentre recently after being made redundant and was surprised to see 'Greeters' and security guards and lots of staff. I don't know how much the operation cost but multiply that set-up by the sites across Sheffield and then across the UK and I bet the whole thing is costing millions of millions to maintain.

From what I can gather, apart from enabling people to sign for benefits, it's purpose is to get the workshy to attend interviews and keep a list of at least three things they do each week to' look for work'.

Does it really do anything for people who actually want to work? Just asking.

At 26 weeks you move from contribution based JSA (JSA©) to Income based JSA (JSA(I)) this is whats known as a passported benefit. This means that now you get full housing benefit and council tax benefit. So you need to let housing know that you are changing. Also what generally happens is you go on a job skills course for a week. You aren't going to be made to do permanent community service for 40 hours a week.

i hope your right, allthough it defo wasnt put to me in that way, i will update on wed as thats when i next sign on.

These courses, including the likes of a4e, are designed purely to make the terminally unemployed look like they're making some modicum of effort, and thus shut the Daily Mail and Telegraph readers up.

But I don't want to go on stupid courses with them :( can't they just leave me be, I want a job they should just let me get on with it.. Not make me go on courses with all the scary people :sad::hihi:

Archived