Job centre staff to sign onto the dole

I have only ever been once and that was about 2-3 years ago. I felt the need to glue my shoes to my feet and keep my mouth firmly closed.

It actually scared me to death going in there.

I have the delight of going to the one at Manor on Wednesday afternoon. Oh the joys of unemployment........................

Yes, it scares me... I'm in a bad mood the day before having to go! I really do hate it.

Why on earth do people moan about having to go on these courses?

It's not like they haven't got PLENTY of time on their hands.

Because they're completely pointless, of no help at all and you have to sit with people who blatantly don't want a job, and are pretty scummy tbh. It's not a nice experience.

It's nothing to do with having plenty of time, but those courses are a complete waste of it anyway.

Do you work in the job centre in town? Where all the alco's go? :hihi:

Oh I love that place! Nothing like the fresh smell of pis* & special brew in a morning.

I used to. I have worked at most of the offices in town at one time. No more though.

Why on earth do people moan about having to go on these courses?

It's not like they haven't got PLENTY of time on their hands.

I am going to moan because I am perfectly capable of going back to work without some dumpling teaching me right and wrong in a workplace. I was brought up well enough to know the right and wrong's.

I probably have more qualifications than the tutor and I refuse to be taught something which will not benefit me in any way what so ever.

The more people that go on these courses the more money they get. I would like to see how many people actually do benefit from it?

It's damn right depressing having to sit in a room full of no good chavs with no hope in life other than to live in a council house, have 5 children, own a staffy and have a motorbike as a hobby to pi*ss everyone living on the street off!

I am going to moan because I am perfectly capable of going back to work without some dumpling teaching me right and wrong in a workplace. I was brought up well enough to know the right and wrong's.

I probably have more qualifications than the tutor and I refuse to be taught something which will not benefit me in any way what so ever.

The more people that go on these courses the more money they get. I would like to see how many people actually do benefit from it?

It's damn right depressing having to sit in a room full of no good chavs with no hope in life other than to live in a council house, have 5 children, own a staffy and have a motorbike as a hobby to pi*ss everyone living on the street off!

Well done on going back to work, but surely some people have a tougher time?

What do these courses actually teach?

I thought they taught CV writing and things like that?

Well done on going back to work, but surely some people have a tougher time?

What do these courses actually teach?

I thought they taught CV writing and things like that?

CV writing? :hihi:

My other half read my CV what they had wrote for me a year or so ago and he said it sounded like a 10 year old had wrote it.

It made me sound so stupid! Some of the things they had put in to it didn't half make me chuckle. They couldn't even spell even though Microsoft Word has got speller checker!

I just hope that nobody gets the same person as I did and actually sends their CV off to an employer, as mine was pretty embarrassing.

CV writing? :hihi:

My other half read my CV what they had wrote for me a year or so ago and he said it sounded like a 10 year old had wrote it.

It made me sound so stupid! Some of the things they had put in to it didn't half make me chuckle. They couldn't even spell even though Microsoft Word has got speller checker!

I just hope that nobody gets the same person as I did and actually sends their CV off to an employer, as mine was pretty embarrassing.

Is that a yes?

I just wanted to know if their courses to do with helping those of you who can't write CVs As you said they don't benefit anybody.

Or are they other subjects?

Is that a yes?

I just wanted to know if their courses to do with helping those of you who can't write CVs As you said they don't benefit anybody.

Or are they other subjects?

Yes they do offer help, obviously seen as I commented about their poor help.

I'm unsure of other subjects they offer, as I refused to turn up to any more until they started helping me find a job. Which believe it or not is what they are employed for.

Yes they do offer help, obviously seen as I commented about their poor help.

I'm unsure of other subjects they offer, as I refused to turn up to any more until they started helping me find a job. Which believe it or not is what they are employed for.

How odd.

Isn't it your responsibility to find a job?

How odd.

Isn't it your responsibility to find a job?

AS these people are paid for results, they often go for the soft options with easiest payouts. It is his responsibility but as these people are taking a lot of money from the taxpayers they ought to be providing a better service than they do. A lot of the time the people running the courses are uneducated, patronising and have no knowledge of the job market on a national or local level.

Archived