Job centre staff to sign onto the dole

I have applied for every job possible on the Direct Gov website within my field of work. Also on My Sheffield Jobs & others.

The staff at the job centre should actually help people find a new job, after all that is what they are employed for.

If I worked at the Job Centre I would help anybody I could who WANTED to work. Unfortunately that isn't the case with the majority of staff there. Maybe I should have their job and help someone make something of their life?

After all I'm a 20 year old woman wanting to make something of my life. Believe me I don't want to be going to the job centre, probably the same as a lot of people. I could understand if the staff were unable to help but they can.

I wasn't referring to you when I mentioned people not being able to use the site, I've spoken to about 12 people that have been using it incorrectly (completely understandable), I just thought I would point it out.

It would be nice if everyone got help. It must be frustrating when you want to work.

to be fair they do occasionally ring to tell you of suitable jobs that have just come in, ive had it happen a few times, but not very often. reason being there isnt that many jobs ........this statistic was mentioned on bbc 1s question time a few weeks ago "Merthyr Tydfil , South Wales currently has 1700 people unemployed with 39 current vacancys".... whilst its maybe not totally representative its certainly very depressing news....shows to some extent what state the country is in.

These numbers mean absolutely nothing, they're certainly not "depressing", you can never tell how many of that number are actively seeking work.

How odd.

Isn't it your responsibility to find a job?

Because they are paid on results.

Its like a car salesman not selling any cars. If there are no results (job outcomes) it wrecks funding.

Although this may have changed but certain Employment Training Companys (not saying who) recieve just over £2000 for each person that completes a work trial. The company who takes on the doley also gets a handsome sum of money.

I really don't know, I see lots of posts which seem to be complaining about the job centre staff telling them to apply for jobs they don't want.

It's/lose lose.

They SHOULD be teaching people to use the job centre website to search for jobs though.

The amount of people complaining that there are only 3 or 4 jobs per day on there (because they don't know how to use it) is unbelievable.

Difficult though, when many doleys (the long term ones) can't use a computer.

If IT Training was provided, that would be a step in the right direction. I did attend an IT course, however the TUtor had a very low cut top on and so I could see down her top. If I positioned my head at the right angle I could see her boobs.

I failed the course as I was unable to concentrate - thanks to this Tutor

These numbers mean absolutely nothing, they're certainly not "depressing", you can never tell how many of that number are actively seeking work.

im pretty sure of the 1700 unemployed at least a 1200 want to work, they are chasing 39 jobs........do the maths its not difficult....if you dont think thats depressing you also may think the 1930s was a figment of peoples imagination

im pretty sure of the 1700 unemployed at least a 1200 want to work, they are chasing 39 jobs........do the maths its not difficult....if you dont think thats depressing you also may think the 1930s was a figment of peoples imagination

I went in and inquired about a joinery job a couple of months ago. It had been put on the system that same day and already had 99 people applying for it.

You're just making up numbers here, there and everywhere!

There are plenty of examples of people who get a job within a short space of time because they put everything into it.

Some people moan about it and others just get on with it.

so you think its its right that the people that should be targeted in all this can do the community work for in excess of £10.50 an hour whilst others on a megre benefit near all of which want to work earn £1.50 an hour......im sure you would be happy to go work 40 hrs (30 working plus 10 so called training) for £1.50 per hour....try looking beyond your nose.....if you read my post you will see i dont disagree with this i just think those taking the least out of the system should work the least hours....this is not a one size fits all situation......and i might add against the current law.

But thats all a bit complicated isnt it?

If your on the dole and want money,then you give something back for it no matter what your status is you should be treated the same.

Labour have spent years making everything complicated i hope them years are quickly undone.

But thats all a bit complicated isnt it?

If your on the dole and want money,then you give something back for it no matter what your status is you should be treated the same.

Labour have spent years making everything complicated i hope them years are quickly undone.

its all ok as long as its not you xt

You're just making up numbers here, there and everywhere!

There are plenty of examples of people who get a job within a short space of time because they put everything into it.

Some people moan about it and others just get on with it.

dave , i will say again question time bbc1 about 3 or 4 weeks ago 1700 unemployed 39 vacancys.....not my numbers dude.......take off the rose specs get new ones and wake up to what is really happening in britain , your way off the mark man.

Its true to say as you say there are plenty examples of people who get a job in a short space of time, trouble is they are outweighd massively by those that dont.

read 0742 Sheffs post further up the page.....your not in the real world dave

Archived