Lap Dancing Clubs - exploitation of women..or men?

Who is being expoited in Lap Dancing clubs?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is being expoited in Lap Dancing clubs?

• men
    • women

We are not talking about backstreet saunas, whereby women are geuinely being exploited.

What we are talking about however are clubs, such as Spearmint Rhino and I guess the Scores place opposite Debenhams. Are the women being exploited, or is it the men?

The womans point of view

She has a dance gets out her boobs for her client, and then clears off, probably gets about £10 for doing so (only like being on a beach). If she strips fully she gets £20.

So if she flashes her boobs 10 times in a night, she earns £100

Better thank going to work. She gets a nice little earner for doing very little and gets to spend the rest of the day with her family, take hers kids to the park.

If she is a student (18, 19 years old), it saves having to do a min wage job and she can spend more time on her studies, rather than trying to do lots of hours in a low paid min wage job.

The men

Look middle aged, probably not married or ever have been. In effect are paying potentially lots of money and never getting anything at the end of it.

Going home alone, and with a lot less money in his wallet thinking about the women he has seen, who he will never get to have in a million years.

So who in your mind is actually being expoited here? in my opinion, place such as Spearmint Rhino are the ultimate form of "girl power" - the women are always in a win win situation.

What do you think?

Again, remember, we are not talking about backstreet saunas, as those women are definatly being expolited. We are talking about places where women are in a safe environment giving the men a little flash

A rather stereotypical post - especially in regards to that in bold......on what basis do you state this?

A rather stereotypical post - especially in regards to that in bold......on what basis do you state this?

In the 'saunas' a lot of the girls do not even speak English, and are expected to have full sex with customers. Whether they do this willingly is unknown, but it is fact that 'human traffickers' work in this type of business, and the girls who are shipped in are sold to these types of places, as well as into street prostitution. Fact.

There was one bloke in OH's dad's club that OH has told me about from when he used to live down there. He had basically fallen in love with one of the dancers, who was a very nice girl. He would come in and pay her just to speak to him, and bought her a car, and would spend £100's on a weekend just to come in and see her. She was exploiting him, as she had no feelings towards him, and knew he did for her, but she was happy to just continue to take his money, she had £1000's out of him. Silly git :hihi:

Would women do it if it was a minimum wage job? if the answer is no then it is exploiting women.

would women be police officers if it was minimum wage ?

would maggie have been pm if it was minimum wage ?

would female solicitors ect work for minimum wage ?

She gets a nice little earner for doing very little and gets to spend the rest of the day with her family, take hers kids to the park.

And what if one of those kids was a daughter who grew up and one day was raped or sexually assaulted by a man who had been chatting to her and buying her drinks all night. This man had, coincidently, been a regular at the girl's mother's lap dancing club and over the years had convinced himself that women's bodies are there to be bought. "I've been buying this woman drinks. She owes me." It happens. :(

Is it a nice little earner now? :confused:

John X

I have a really good friend who went to a lap dancing club on a stag night.

He told me afterwards, that from the moment he went in there, her felt a big change within him as a man. Whilst in the club, he felt like he was in some weird fantasy world...and just couldn't get enough of the dream. The thing that kept him in this animalistic state, was that there was no 'gratification', and so the pursual of the dream was ever-lasting. When he came out, he felt like an animal, and started looking at women like pieces of meat. He was actually quite disturbed by the transformation within himself, as he felt like women OWED him their body. He felt okay the next day, and back to his usual woman-respecting self, but he could not believe that by seeing women in this way had the impact it did on how he viewed the whole female population.

And what if one of those kids was a daughter who grew up and one day was raped or sexually assaulted by a man who had been chatting to her and buying her drinks all night. This man had, coincidently, been a regular at the girl's mother's lap dancing club and over the years had convinced himself that women's bodies are there to be bought. "I've been buying this woman drinks. She owes me." It happens. :(

Is it a nice little earner now? :confused:

John X

sorry to say that even on a night out some blokes get chatting to a girl buy her drinks ect or even a meal . so the same could happen also ?

I'm a female and I've been in SR as a customer with my Hubby and some friends.

I don't think anyone is exploited in there, the girls are working by choice and the men are paying by choice.

I found the girls very attractive, friendly and non-pushy and the physical skills shown at the pole were comparable to that of an athlete!! It was tasteful and facinating to watch..I'm looking forward to going again in the future.

:D

PS I have voted for 'men' in the poll as there wasn't an option for neither...!! I do agree some men could easily waste their wages in there because some can't see it as entertainment and keep their brains in their trousers!!!

I have a really good friend who went to a lap dancing club on a stag night.

He told me afterwards, that from the moment he went in there, her felt a big change within him as a man. Whilst in the club, he felt like he was in some weird fantasy world...and just couldn't get enough of the dream. The thing that kept him in this animalistic state, was that there was no 'gratification', and so the pursual of the dream was ever-lasting. When he came out, he felt like an animal, and started looking at women like pieces of meat. He was actually quite disturbed by the transformation within himself, as he felt like women OWED him their body. He felt okay the next day, and back to his usual woman-respecting self, but he could not believe that by seeing women in this way had the impact it did on how he viewed the whole female population.

tell him to stop taking drugs :hihi:

Archived