Lap Dancing Clubs - exploitation of women..or men?

Who is being expoited in Lap Dancing clubs?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is being expoited in Lap Dancing clubs?

• men
    • women

We are not talking about backstreet saunas, whereby women are geuinely being exploited.

What we are talking about however are clubs, such as Spearmint Rhino and I guess the Scores place opposite Debenhams. Are the women being exploited, or is it the men?

The womans point of view

She has a dance gets out her boobs for her client, and then clears off, probably gets about £10 for doing so (only like being on a beach). If she strips fully she gets £20.

So if she flashes her boobs 10 times in a night, she earns £100

Better thank going to work. She gets a nice little earner for doing very little and gets to spend the rest of the day with her family, take hers kids to the park.

If she is a student (18, 19 years old), it saves having to do a min wage job and she can spend more time on her studies, rather than trying to do lots of hours in a low paid min wage job.

The men

Look middle aged, probably not married or ever have been. In effect are paying potentially lots of money and never getting anything at the end of it.

Going home alone, and with a lot less money in his wallet thinking about the women he has seen, who he will never get to have in a million years.

So who in your mind is actually being expoited here? in my opinion, place such as Spearmint Rhino are the ultimate form of "girl power" - the women are always in a win win situation.

What do you think?

Again, remember, we are not talking about backstreet saunas, as those women are definatly being expolited. We are talking about places where women are in a safe environment giving the men a little flash

I'm glad there are such places for lonely middle aged men who "cant get any" even if they dont actually "get any"

A man can at least fantacize for a moment that she's actually doing what she does for him alone which brings a little more colour and reality into their otherwise drab sexually deprived lives and at the same time he's not setting himself up for a Dose.

Nobody's expoiting anyone in this case. He needs the service and she's providing it and it's better than looking at it on paper or a DVD.

Not speaking here from experience by the way

Harleyman - but the man isn't actually getting anythingm apart from an empty wallet.

In the future, perhaps 5 or 10 years I can see young women really taking advantage of this situation

The amount of middle aged men living alone, and who don't have family/or are estranged has rocketted over the last few years, this is predicted to soar over the next few years

Fees to study at University are rocketting.

Therefore, I can see a future where the clever young girls will take full advantage of this, if they can pocket up to £6000 a week (someone quoted this on an earlier post), or more realistically £1000, then this 18 year old can....

Pay for an education, a degree - something that will provide a very high income on completition of her studys

Many people are now being detered from a University Degree due to the cost, this would then raise the earning potential of a graduate of the future if there are fewer graduates chasing jobs.

The young girl would only have to work a few hours a week to make substantial money - far more than working full time in an office, it is a win win situation.

On completion of a degree, she can then choose to continue with the dancing or concentrate on her career.

With the money in the bank, should she end up a single mum, she does not need a man to provide, she can pay for childcare out of her spare change and life a life of luxury.

And to do this, what does she have to do?????

Titilate and tease lonely middle aged men.

Flashing her boobs? most women go topless on the beach anyway, and even on a night out girls give the men an eyefull with their skimpy outfits, so what is the difference?

So start of thread it's exploiting women, now it's beneficial to them.

Right-o.

At the start of the thread, I pointed out that I wasn't talking about women who have been trafficked, and are being forced to be sex slaves in backstreet brothels.

What I am talking about are women who get paid £1000s for giggling their boobs to middle aged men in lap dancing clubs. There is no sex in this instance, its just titilation and well paid titilation as well

And what if one of those kids was a daughter who grew up and one day was raped or sexually assaulted by a man who had been chatting to her and buying her drinks all night. This man had, coincidently, been a regular at the girl's mother's lap dancing club and over the years had convinced himself that women's bodies are there to be bought. "I've been buying this woman drinks. She owes me." It happens. :(

Is it a nice little earner now? :confused:

John X

And your evidence..john x

Would women do it if it was a minimum wage job? if the answer is no then it is exploiting women.

I think you've got that the wrong way round. If the answer is no then it means the women who do it are choosing to do it for the reward.

I have a really good friend who went to a lap dancing club on a stag night.

He told me afterwards, that from the moment he went in there, her felt a big change within him as a man. Whilst in the club, he felt like he was in some weird fantasy world...and just couldn't get enough of the dream. The thing that kept him in this animalistic state, was that there was no 'gratification', and so the pursual of the dream was ever-lasting. When he came out, he felt like an animal, and started looking at women like pieces of meat. He was actually quite disturbed by the transformation within himself, as he felt like women OWED him their body. He felt okay the next day, and back to his usual woman-respecting self, but he could not believe that by seeing women in this way had the impact it did on how he viewed the whole female population.

I find that quite unbelievable tbh.

If true then perhaps he needs to reconsider being in the company of women at all, if that's all it took to make him feel that way.

:huh:

At the start of the thread, I pointed out that I wasn't talking about women who have been trafficked, and are being forced to be sex slaves in backstreet brothels.

What I am talking about are women who get paid £1000s for giggling their boobs to middle aged men in lap dancing clubs. There is no sex in this instance, its just titilation and well paid titilation as well

Do they pay taxes on the money they earn as tips? I imagine if they pay your OH's father to dance in his establishment, they are considered independent contractors rather than employees. Might be different in the UK, but in the US, independent contracters are required to pay tax on the money they earn as tips. And this goes for bartenders, waitresses and hairdressers, not just exotic dancers.

I honestly don't know about a business like this. They always want to sugar coat it with, "well, we're providing a service', and I guess they are. But how many people would want their daughter or wife working in a strip club? I mean if they had a choice?

As for the poor deluded souls who are so lonely they believe the women working there actually care for them? When asked if her boobs were real, one dancer replied, "they're as real as my affection for you!". :hihi:

There's a bit more than just giggling boobs in a real lap dance club. The girls actually touch the customers and sit on their laps, in other words physical contact and a bit of petting.

Pole dancers in strip clubs often allow customers sitting at the bar to slide paper money inside their G-strings

Not all middle aged guys who frequent these places are lonely either. Some have been through broken marriages, bitter divorces or bad relations with the opposite sex. Lap dance and strip clubs are the nearest they want to get to the opposite sex. Also married men are known to frequent these places and get fired up enough to go home and rekindle a jaded sex relationship with a bolt of lightning. and momma's not complaining about that for sure LOL

Archived