Oh dear, children made to pay to use playground

i live on a new street, theres an area in the middle thats like a tarmacked area with a few trees and a few benches, we were told that there was negotiation with the council to turn it into a play area, but its been turned down cus the council dont want teenagers out on the **** and upsetting the locals where are things going?

I've never said this. I don't know why you falsely attach it to me.

You implied this. When I said that not everything should be free you got all sarcastic about it, rather than agreeing. :suspect:

So the council shouldn't charge for anything?

I've changed my mind. You're correct. You know what I've always hated. Them kids that use the grass, the cheeky devils. Let's charge them a fiver to run on the grass. It doesn't cut itself - these kids need to learn.

Football games, jumpers for goalposts. £10 please. Those chalk lines don't draw themselves. That goalpost didn't put itself up.

Are you looking at a squirrel? That'll be £15 please. We need to pay to look after the trees.

See.

You implied this.

No he didn't. You have falsely tried to attribute it to him, but he most certainly did not imply or say such a thing. You read what you wanted to see, rather than that which was before your eyes.

Implication is in the eye of the beholder, I think he implied it with his sarcastic response when I asked if the council shouldn't charge for anything.

He could have just answered and said that they should if that was his opinion. What do you think the sarcastic response that actually ignores the question means?

What do you think the sarcastic response that actually ignores the question means?

That there are some things that the council should charge for, and others that should be free. I was never expected to pay to use any of the playgrounds when I was young, nor should a child have to.

I think sarcasm was used to highlight all the other stupid things a council could charge people to use, yet doesn't (mainly as it would be a demented idea).

If we were just talking about a play ground then I'd agree with you.

The council said the park was "more than just swings and roundabouts" and that because the adventure area contained zip wires and 40ft structures, there were added health and safety staffing costs that needed to be recouped in difficult economic circumstances.

But the reason I asked Chris if the council should charge for anything was this

If the "funfair" or park is run by the council, then it should be free to everyone.

Awful idea. Profit profit profit.

He thinks the council should provide funfairs for free, so where does it stop. I asked him, and rather than give a sensible answer he was just sarcastic. Hence I thought he was implying that they should all be free. Something he's now denied.

Which rather begs the question, why should a funfair be free, but sports facilities like ponds forge charge?

Archived