Oh dear, children made to pay to use playground

Same could be said of many services that i don't bother using, however anyone that does decide to make use of the service knows no other cost is involved.

Which service? There are many services that have a cost. Why should some sort of super park be free?

To think, I pay for a service through tax that I'll never use :roll:

Right, lets make all those OAP's PAY for all the benefits they get from the council, after all I'm not an OAP why should I pay for them? Is that what you are trying to say? If you can't see the diference between charging for public swimming pools and charging for access to public playgrounds then you really need to sit down and have a good think. I get sick and tired of hearing selfish <insert obscenity of your choice> complaining about having to pay for somebody elses services, whilst expecting the services THEY use to be subsidised by the people who don't. How would all those conservative councellors of Wansworth feel when the councils around them stick toll booths on the roads out of Wandsworth, after all THEY aren't paying for the upkeep of those roads are they?

Problem I have with this is while it caters for little Tarquine and his minted parents it may just be used as a precedent for the less well off boroughs. It also says something about society too, a park play area with security. In all honesty I'd rather have my kids playing on rubbish tips.

Problem I have with this is while it caters for little Tarquine and his minted parents it may just be used as a precedent for the less well off boroughs. It also says something about society too, a park play area with security. In all honesty I'd rather have my kids playing on rubbish tips.

It also ensures that Tarquine doesn't have to play alongside 'rif raf'. Kids get into trouble as they don't have enough to do so it's a sad day when the start charging for a park.

Archived