British woman decapitated in Tenerife

I know this sounds stupid, having read about this terrible event, a question that has always perplexed me sprung to mind.

Why do they call it 'beheading'?

What if you were cutting the body off the head? I wonder if some psychopaths may actually be trying to do this? There's no such word as 'betorsify' or 'detorsify'.

For instance ... you hear of people who when they die, have their body removed from their head, enabling the head to be placed in cryogenic suspension.

In years to come, when medical technology has advanced sufficiently to allow a new body to be attached to the preserved head, surely the donor has had his body removed from the head.

Why is it always thought as the head taken from the body? :huh:

I know this sounds stupid, having read about this terrible event, a question that has always perplexed me sprung to mind.

What if you were cutting the body off the head? I wonder if some psychopaths may actually be trying to do this? There's no such word as 'betorsify' or 'detorsify'.

For instance ... you hear of people who when they die, have their body removed from their head, enabling the head to be placed in cryogenic suspension.

In years to come, when medical technology has advanced sufficiently to allow a new body to be attached to the preserved head, surely the donor has had his body removed from the head.

Probably because you hold the head while cutting. Weight distribution, the torso is less likely to move around?

Beheading is usually associated with execution where it needs to be done fast.

Removing the head surgically, I would presume you wouldn't have to touch the head or torso as it would be a painstaking procedure.

This is getting a little morbid.:o

Probably because you hold the head while cutting. Weight distribution, the torso is less likely to move around?

Beheading is usually associated with execution where it needs to be done fast.

Removing the head surgically, I would presume you wouldn't have to touch the head or torso as it would be a painstaking procedure.

This is getting a little morbid.:o

It's not morbid at all ... I think it's a valid question :)

Probably because the head was taken from the body and stuck on a stake or used in a game of polo in some countries in times past, or shrunk as a trophy.

It goes back to when the head was a trophy of the kill. They held the head aloft in triumph very much as I hear this maniac did!

Archived