Hayfever tablets

I once went on holiday during my normal hayfever season, which is normally about now because it's tree pollen that screws me up. I was amazed to find that my symptoms stopped on the plane on the way out and didn't start again until about an hour after the plane landed back in England. I guess that Bulgarian trees don't have the same irritant pollen as English ones.

Mine normally starts in June, I read somewhere that means its grass pollen that causes it. Been sneezing today, and my eyes are a bit sore.

I bought some own brand tablets from Morrisons, BOGOF, 2 packs of 14 for £1.49, I bought them a few weeks ago in anticipation of the onset of symptoms.

I once went on holiday during my normal hayfever season, which is normally about now because it's tree pollen that screws me up. I was amazed to find that my symptoms stopped on the plane on the way out and didn't start again until about an hour after the plane landed back in England. I guess that Bulgarian trees don't have the same irritant pollen as English ones.

Hay fever is supposed to be less severe at the coast as the sea breeze dose not carry pollen, not sure if it is true tho...

I used to have them on prescription form the doctors, but they had some dizzy side effects. The ones I have used for the past few years are Galpharm Non-Drowsy tablets from Poundland, which work very well - one tablet a day - £1.00 per 7 tablets.

Hay fever is supposed to be less severe at the coast as the sea breeze dose not carry pollen, not sure if it is true tho...

It is very often the case. During the day, the wind is almost always coming from offshore, and there aren't many trees in the sea.

Moving to the coast won't work for everyone, though. Unfortunately, there is no sure-fire solution that works for everyone; each sufferer has to figure out his or her own best way to reduce or eliminate the problem.

I never suffered from Hayfever until this time last year. The difference was I'd moved to London.

I can only put it down to more pollution in the air down here. Oddly, when I went back to Sheffield for a week, the symptoms did not subside.

Archived