Employment Agencies

So are they all as bad as the ones I have been dealing with? Most of them don't reply to people who send CVs. They re-advertise jobs for weeks after they have gone. Never get calls returned and when you do speak to someone they often can be proved to be lying. As someone looking for work the service is shocking, I wonder if the companies who use them realise how bad they are.

I have used them before when looking for staff and the same ones paint a completely different picture to their clients compared to candidates.

Worst example is when I applied for one job, sent CV twice and rang numerous times only to get no response from the person dealing with it. Just promises of a returned call. Then 2 weeks later I got a call saying they had just found my CV on a job site and had a job they had been struggling to find people for which turned out to be the same one! I wonder why they had to resort to searching through CVs on a third party website!

So are they all as bad as the ones I have been dealing with? Most of them don't reply to people who send CVs. They re-advertise jobs for weeks after they have gone. Never get calls returned and when you do speak to someone they often can be proved to be lying. As someone looking for work the service is shocking, I wonder if the companies who use them realise how bad they are.

I have used them before when looking for staff and the same ones paint a completely different picture to their clients compared to candidates.

Worst example is when I applied for one job, sent CV twice and rang numerous times only to get no response from the person dealing with it. Just promises of a returned call. Then 2 weeks later I got a call saying they had just found my CV on a job site and had a job they had been struggling to find people for which turned out to be the same one! I wonder why they had to resort to searching through CVs on a third party website!

I used to do this job, and you would never believe how many CVs you get for one vacancy - that's why companies use agencies, so someone else has to do the trawl... Have to say that I would never have ignored a good CV that was spot on for my vacancies... Noone would have had a call from me cos of a CV on a website if I'd had that CV before (unless the jobsite CV was a different one to the one you posted?)...

I came out of it 5 years back though, as it was getting more and more like slinging mud at the wall and waiting for some to stick... There is a art in meeting a employer and meeting a candidate and seeing that there is a match in offer and expectations, personality, etc... Most big agencies aren't happy without every consultant having a certain number of interviews every week (or else they are sacked) when in reality, if you do it right, you only need one or two more interviews per week than you have vacancies...

I have a mate who has temped for agencies continually for the last 7 or 8 years though, and he has never been without work... I guess some of the time if your face doesn't fit with the consultant, you are never going to be put forward... As a candidate myself, I have only once found work with a agency once - although I always suspected it was because I had done their job for many years in the past, and so some of them seemed very wary of me... Not a problem, cos I'd never do it again! A thankless job, in all honesty...

get used to them mate this country will be run by agency workers .people will be working with no job security, wont be able to get a mortgage(lack of job security)and employers getting ripped off by the rates they charge.

I drive HGV trucks and I prefer to work for agencies they give me better money and if I don't want to work I can please my self, in fact I can get three times as much per hour if I work for the agencies,no strings and no one on my case telling me to be here and there no nights out sleeping in the truck,I can work a weekend shift and not have to bother for the rest of the week.

i drive hgv trucks and i prefer to work for agencies they give me better money and if i don't want to work i can please my self, in fact i can get three times as much per hour if i work for the agencies,no strings and no one on my case telling me to be here and there no nights out sleeping in the truck,i can work a weekend shift and not have to bother for the rest of the week.

which agency pays 3 times as much as normal truck driver pay?

thats good pay mate. My mate drives for newell, and he gets £8 an hour. hed be better of at an agency.
I worked for Pawsons and I was on £7,25 per hour and I had to work all the hours to take a descent wage home, I can get nearly the same for a decent week end shift.

Archived