Employment Agencies

I worked for Pawsons and I was on £7,25 per hour and I had to work all the hours to take a descent wage home, I can get nearly the same for a decent week end shift.[/QUOTe]

DIDNT THEY GO BUST?

Yes they did in 207,very sad they were a good old firm,its a long story.

i wonder how many people these companies could take on if it wasnt paying the agencies fees ?
Its not a case of that most of the regular drivers hours are up and the agencies drivers fill in for them, some firms work 24 7 and they have to for fill there contracts,in the transport trade agencies drivers are an important part of the the job and the money for there wages is factored in to the cost of the contracts,

Its not a case of that most of the regular drivers hours are up and the agencies drivers fill in for them, some firms work 24 7 and they have to for fill there contracts,in the transport trade agencies drivers are an important part of the the job and the money for there wages is factored in to the cost of the contracts,
im not saying that they are not needed .what i am saying is that in the long term people who work for these agencies have no job security,would not get a mortgage because of( lack of job security). i know someone who has worked for a agency for the last three years on the same contract now if he has been there 3 years why didnt the company just take him on full time.

im not saying that they are not needed .what i am saying is that in the long term people who work for these agencies have no job security,would not get a mortgage because of( lack of job security). i know someone who has worked for a agency for the last three years on the same contract now if he has been there 3 years why didnt the company just take him on full time.
The reason why they don't set them on is the agencies want money from the company as they have a contract with them, basically the driver belongs to the agencies and they don't want to loose a driver who they have, the company can not set them on full time as the agencies wont allow it as they would loose the income from the driver, also he will probable be getting more money than the regular workers.

So what happens if they find you work for 3 weeks then you don't get anything for 6 weeks, then you work for a week then you don't work for for a month and so on?
Put your name on different agencies books and if you get a good name with them they ring you more,

So what happens if they find you work for 3 weeks then you don't get anything for 6 weeks, then you work for a week then you don't work for for a month and so on?

Put your name on different agencies books and if you get a good name with them they ring you more,

One of my mates has temped for years now without a break - that is office temping though, although factory work can be long term too... Don't forget that a great many jobs through agencies are permanent too (when I worked in that area, all my vacancies were permanent ones)...

in my last job we were earning £13 an hour, the agency lads got £6.50 but that was only if they had a fork lift licence,companies use them because they can hire and fire them when they want and they dont have to pay holiday pay or national insurance stamp for them. the bottom of my road was a guy that had an employment agency, he lived in a six bedroom house with outdoor heated swimming pool!!! think you get what i mean?

Archived