Employment Agencies

Put your name on different agencies books and if you get a good name with them they ring you more,

The point i was making is that you work for a week, sign on for 2. That's no good to anyone, still you'll be good at filling out benefit forms after a while.

The point i was making is that you work for a week, sign on for 2. That's no good to anyone, still you'll be good at filling out benefit forms after a while.

I gave up on Agencies after the first couple of visits, went to Premier People about 2 years ago, the one near the Peace Gardens, the woman rang me up the week before to attend an interview on this day (think it was a Wednesday), so off I trotted, suitably attired in a shirt and tie, CV in hand (3 pages mind, over 20 years of experience to date), when I got there, the woman denied all knowledge of contacting me :loopy: If I'd been in the right mind I could've got her done under the DDA for discrimination, she could see I wear a hearing aid and have disabilities! :rant:

The reason why they don't set them on is the agencies want money from the company as they have a contract with them, basically the driver belongs to the agencies and they don't want to loose a driver who they have, the company can not set them on full time as the agencies wont allow it as they would loose the income from the driver, also he will probable be getting more money than the regular workers.
agency workers do get set on full time with employers (sometimes with no payment to the agency). i know someone who from today has been set on full time with a plumbing company after being there 17 weeks working for the agency. he feels better in himself knowing he has a full time job with a contract of work which in his case (hopefully) will see him into retirement.

• 1 month later...

after 1st oct any agency worker will have even more rights when working for agencies and will be on a par with employees of the company they are hired to . having looked into this however it seems us british are getting stuffed again by the government .for example if we work here for an agency the new rules dont come into effect until we have completed 12 weeks working .but work for the same agency say in france and the new rules apply from day 1 .whats the difference whether we work in france or england for the same company why should the rules differ ?

I called one agency to chase up after my CV and basically told me that shes got 25,000 unread emails how could she have possibly gotten to mine in the last two weeks.Well thats not my problem, is it?

I also love when they call you out of the blue to chase you up for work you clearly stated you didnt want or when you get to give them another CV for their database, they basically fob you off.

I hate agencies with a passion. They all make you feel worthless and like your incompetent even though you know different.

well given that if an employer operates a bonus scheme to its employees (from oct1 st) agency workers will now be able to benefit from this too. i wonder if now this will be costing employers a lot of money will they (a) either set on staff who will become permanent or (B) try to make the agencies lower the hourly rate which in turn they will make the agency worker work for even less money?

Archived