Bradfield, Church and Grave Yard

HI

Last week me and my husband went to look round Bradfield Church, what a nice surprise, the Church was open and it was brilliant, I went to search for the grave of my 5x great grand father Benjamin Dyson, but I didnt know where to start my search, he married a Mary Fairest in 1780s, their daughter Racheal married a John Heath 1817 at Bradfield, could any one help.

I have checked the Monumental Inscriptions for Bradfield churchyard and there doen't appear to be a stone for Benjamin DYSON. Your next step would be to check the burial registers for St Nicholas to see if a grave number is included in the burial details.

Tuppie

Hi

Thank you al for your help.

How big is the Parish of Ecclesfield ? while I have been searching the archives I found that Cawthorn comes under Ecclesfield.

Also

Racheal Heath nee Dyson BUT second husbands name was Titus Ibbottson was living at the Wheel Ecclesfield some time in the early 1840s, is it this a place in Sheffield

Hi

Thank you al for your help.

How big is the Parish of Ecclesfield ? while I have been searching the archives I found that Cawthorn comes under Ecclesfield.

Cawthorne was a parish in its own right.

I think you are mixing your parishes with registration districts.

A registration district is an administrative region which exists for the purpose of civil registration of births, marriages, and deaths. It has also been used as the basis for the collation of census information.

Tuppie

Archived