Middle Lane Drivers..WHY FOR GODS SAKE?

It matters because the cars coming up behind him were having to brake hard and having to overtake into the outside lane, causing the same problem to drivers coming up quickly in that lane. Its a knock=on effect. Even at peak times, its just the same. Crazyness.

Only if not watching what they are doing.

lets face it, we all think we are the greatest driver when we are behind the wheel...me too, but some just take stupidness and selfishness to new levels. The law of the road in this country is quite straighforward...Keep left, unless overtaking.

They sure do.

reason for middle lane is extra margin between the barriers and such should I have a blow out

But if your in the middle lane, then your closer to the central barrier than the hard shoulder barrier/grass bank

How to confuse a middle lane hogger, easy, a 4 lane motorway is the way forward:hihi:

But if your in the middle lane, then your closer to the central barrier than the hard shoulder barrier/grass bank

How to confuse a middle lane hogger, easy, a 4 lane motorway is the way forward:hihi:

Or intertwining lanes in a helix, where you can only change lanes every third twist :hihi:

Is there anybody out there who can explain why some drivers sit in the middle lane on motorways for no reason whatsoever?

Today, a guy was doing 50mph from J35 to J38 on the M1 north in a Nissan Micra (WITH A TOWBAR FITTED ?????) and there was nothing but me on the inside lane for miles ahead. Are they unsure of the highway code, or are they just stupid???

Don't get out of your tree about it, theres loads of nob heads on the roads, just drive around them and don't get involved.

Don't get out of your tree about it, theres loads of nob heads on the roads, just drive around them and don't get involved.[/quote

THANKS FOR THAT TOM. IF I WAS IN A TREE, IT WOULDNT MAKE ME GET OUT OF IT MATE. JUST THINK THEY NEED DETERRING FROM IT. THERE ARE CAMERAS ON THE MOTORWAYS, AND THESE SHOULD BE USED TO SPOT FINE MIDDLE LANE HOGGERS. AND YES, THE ARE N.O.B HEADS:rant:]

I posted this extract from the Highway Code on another thread recently:

"stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left"

As much as I'd like to carry on my way in the clear inside lane at 70 mph and pass on the inside of the 50mph middle lane hogger, I don't think that this bit of the HC would support me

Its points like this which will lead to anomalies if the police are going to start issuing spot fines.

I don’t think undertaking is a offence in its self, its if done dangerously ……….. who is going to decide what is dangerous?

Archived