Middle Lane Drivers..WHY FOR GODS SAKE?

60mph in the middle lane is acceptable,

Only if you are overtaking someone.

It has nothing to do with speed and everything to do with using the lanes properly.

If someone is persistently refusing to do this and is thereby causing a hazard to other motorway users then the police can (and should) take action.

John X

Only if you are overtaking someone.

It has nothing to do with speed and everything to do with using the lanes properly.

If someone is persistently refusing to do this and is thereby causing a hazard to other motorway users then the police can (and should) take action.

John X

There is no 'middle lane', any more than there is a 'fast' lane. There are two 'overtaking' lanes. If you are NOT overtaking another vehicle you should NOT be in an overtaking lane simples?

There is no 'middle lane', any more than there is a 'fast' lane. There are two 'overtaking' lanes. If you are NOT overtaking another vehicle you should NOT be in an overtaking lane simples?

I'm sure that's what I've just said! :confused:

John X

Middle lane hogging has always been a contentious subject say you are doing 70 miles an hour and some one comes up behind you and starts flashing his lights and intimidating you they are in the wrong, if you are doing 70 miles an hour in the middle lane there is no law against you doing that but its what the other drivers do to get around you that would be braking the law ,as far as I know there is no law against driving in the middle lane,the coppers can stop you and advise you about your driving but thats all, its more of an annoyance hogging the middle lane,its the inpatient and inexperienced drivers making the wrong moves at speed that can be so bad,middle lane hogs doing 50 to 60 miles an hour are the worst especially when the lanes are clear,some people are just bad drivers and are not safe to be on the motorways,some people don't realize how dangerous doing silly things on the motorways can be, Iv'e seen some horrific accidents and most of them were the fault of speeding and inpatient driving.

Speed as nothing to do with it, if the inside lane is free you should use it as per the HC, people stay in the middle lane because they cant be bothered changing lanes to allow slower moving traffic to join at the next junction.

Speed limit is 70mph, it means you can drive any speed upto 70mph and not over, 60mph in the middle lane is acceptable, how can the police fine someone for staying within the speedlimit

They wouldn’t get pulled for their speed but there is every chance they could get pulled for inconsiderate driving.

Question 28 ………. The correct answer is …… keep to the left lane unless overtaking

Also se question 9 and 33

PS

I got 46 out of 50 , a pass ........ I got the colour of the cats eyes wrong.

Speed as nothing to do with it, if the inside lane is free you should use it as per the HC, people stay in the middle lane because they cant be bothered changing lanes to allow slower moving traffic to join at the next junction.

Exactly...is it inability?, fear?, laziness?? It should become second nature to be constantly keeping an eye on mirrors to always be aware of what traffic is around you. I know that occassionally I lose a grip on my concentration for a few seconds and experience a fleeting moment of consternation till I've checked my mirrors and blind spots again and know what's where. I won't consider a manouvere until I've done this.

So.....it makes me think that the middle lane folk are either too incompetent or too lazy to maintain a decent level of concentration.

As far as I'm concerned lorries should be banned full stop!!!!

if all lorries were banned, how would make-up be delivered to Boots, or milk to Tesco, or clothes to Topshop?

Lorries are very important to the economy, so your post was just very silly indeed.

Archived