2011 recession, who they trying to kid?

who are the government trying to kid?, they make out things arent that bad.

i live in sutton on sea after moving from sheffield last year. ive made some good friends out here and found out caravan rentals are at an all time low!

someone with 6 caravans has still got loads of available places in the 6 weeks hols!, something she has never known,my neighbour does caravan repairs and never known it so quiet,another neighbour works on ingoldmells market and there not taking more than £40 a day,butlins had an 80s weekend and only got 600 visitors (usually around 2000) the week after they only had 20 caravans rented out, you can stay in butlins for £49 for the week at the moment, everywhere is dead, i know when times are hard the first thing people give up is trips out, specially the coast, those that are coming dont spend, dont the government see these things, they tell us alls ok, retails sales are the lowest theyve been for 13 years, who they trying to kid, i blame the public for believing in them

thats the tories for you rich. the country is on its knees, funding war, immigrants, and bad decision making in westminster. but we are to blame. we had the vote, and blew it putting those two "eton" chunnel busters in charge. I can only look forward to.......well, nothing really. no wage rise, rising fuel bills, food bills etc. yep, we are definately in a bad place at the mo. Im surprised that england is still open for business.

really? a lot of my firneds in London drive 80K + cars and Audi R8, Aston Martins, Porsche 911s and ferrari are the norm in the better parts of london

Back to the 80s, thatcherism again. Look after London,sod the north !

really? a lot of my firneds in London drive 80K + cars and Audi R8, Aston Martins, Porsche 911s and ferrari are the norm in the better parts of london

really? most of my friends drive cars older than 3 years, have low paid jobs and are really struggling to live comfortably. We are all home owners, not wasters, but still find day to day living tough. It seems to me that if you have affluent friend down south, it must be grimmer here up north, for a lot of people anyway:confused:

Exactly...

It's called the North / South divide. Also known as the wealth gap.

This country is totally 'Londoncentric.' The rest of the country might as well not exist. The rich only talk to the rich and have absolutely no idea about how the other half lives, (or should I say 'survive')

I include our government with its millionaires in that. Not a clue...

thats the tories for you rich. the country is on its knees, funding war, immigrants, and bad decision making in westminster. but we are to blame. we had the vote, and blew it putting those two "eton" chunnel busters in charge. I can only look forward to.......well, nothing really. no wage rise, rising fuel bills, food bills etc. yep, we are definately in a bad place at the mo. Im surprised that england is still open for business.

I agree with most of what you are saying BUT... who was responsible for it in the first place.

Although I don’t support the Tories but don't you think that Tony Blair and his party was responsible for almost all the misery we are facing these days...

I agree with most of what you are saying BUT... who was responsible for it in the first place.

Although I don’t support the Tories but don't you think that Tony Blair and his party was responsible for almost all the misery we are facing these days...

No I don't.

You've been listening to the Tories 'Labour left us in this mess...' rhetoric. They think If they repeat it often enough you'll believe it.The whole of Europe is in a similar state without labour's help.

The banks left us in this mess, and it's going to get a whole lot worse.

The jury is still out on the best way to tackle it, - Cut and try to reduce spending and borrowing, or spend and get the economy moving and growing.

Either way, the banks get off scott free...

Archived