2011 recession, who they trying to kid?

i work in the flooring industry and i think this year will be quieter than last year maybe by 25% less , if you think the caravan industry is having it rough, try the carpet industry , on the whole people will always put as priority , food clothes, holidays, electrical, general decoration to the home, and last comes the carpet trade, people will always put up with the carpet a little longer whereas the car /big screen tv / has the wow factor ....even if you dont need one ....call it keeping up with the jones..

thats the tories for you rich. the country is on its knees, funding war, immigrants, and bad decision making in westminster. but we are to blame. we had the vote, and blew it putting those two "eton" chunnel busters in charge. I can only look forward to.......well, nothing really. no wage rise, rising fuel bills, food bills etc. yep, we are definately in a bad place at the mo. Im surprised that england is still open for business.

We have funded these things well before the Tories got power, so I don’t know who we could have voted in that wouldn’t have funded them other than the BNP.

I haven’t noticed any difference since the change of government, I’m no worse off and no better off, I could do with interest rates increasing significantly though, you would have thought with all the Tories being millionaires it would have been the first thing they would have done. Maybe they are thinking of all those poor stupid people with massive debts to pay off.

We have funded these things well before the Tories got power, so I don’t know who we could have voted in that wouldn’t have funded them other than the BNP.

I haven’t noticed any difference since the change of government, I’m no worse off and no better off, I could do with interest rates increasing significantly though, you would have thought with all the Tories being millionaires it would have been the first thing they would have done. Maybe they are thinking of all those poor stupid people with massive debts to pay off.

More like they know it would be electoral suicide if they put interest rates up as much as their banking friends would like, like they usually do!

who are the government trying to kid?, they make out things arent that bad.

i live in sutton on sea after moving from sheffield last year. ive made some good friends out here and found out caravan rentals are at an all time low!

someone with 6 caravans has still got loads of available places in the 6 weeks hols!, something she has never known,my neighbour does caravan repairs and never known it so quiet,another neighbour works on ingoldmells market and there not taking more than £40 a day,butlins had an 80s weekend and only got 600 visitors (usually around 2000) the week after they only had 20 caravans rented out, you can stay in butlins for £49 for the week at the moment, everywhere is dead, i know when times are hard the first thing people give up is trips out, specially the coast, those that are coming dont spend, dont the government see these things, they tell us alls ok, retails sales are the lowest theyve been for 13 years, who they trying to kid, i blame the public for believing in them

Things aren't bad at all, too many people are jumping on the benefits bandwagon!:mad:

i work in the flooring industry and i think this year will be quieter than last year maybe by 25% less , if you think the caravan industry is having it rough, try the carpet industry , on the whole people will always put as priority , food clothes, holidays, electrical, general decoration to the home, and last comes the carpet trade, people will always put up with the carpet a little longer whereas the car /big screen tv / has the wow factor ....even if you dont need one ....call it keeping up with the jones..

Start selling big screen tv's then craig, and stop moaning. You have identified that you are in a bad trade, if you stay in it whose fault is that?:roll:

Exactly...

It's called the North / South divide. Also known as the wealth gap.

This country is totally 'Londoncentric.' The rest of the country might as well not exist. The rich only talk to the rich and have absolutely no idea about how the other half lives, (or should I say 'survive')

I include our government with its millionaires in that. Not a clue...

Ironically,last year after 13 years of a Labour government the rich/poor divide was the greatest for 40 years.... go figure http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8481534.stm

Archived