Stradbroke Memories

EyeSpy

I lived at stradbroke place 1967 to 1981. Great place - footy on the school grounds. messing in the stream at the woods - just great place. Parents moved about five years ago - it had started to go down hill then. alot of the flats for the oaps had been given over to younger people and apparently that's when the decline started. sad to see. it was one of the best council estates in sheffield.

I lived on the Stradbroke from 1950 to 1970.It used to be a ten year waiting list to get on there,sooooo quiet the highlight of the day was watching the streetlights come on.Have not lived in Sheffield for 20 years how things have changed.

Yep thats how I remember it.The barber in the little end shop,brings back memories.When I was a lad(OH MY GOD!!!! I've started to sound just like my father).Anyway,when I was young the barber who worked there was an ex army type who only knew how to do short back and sides.You can see what this did for my street cred back in the "Swinging Sixtys".