Stradbroke Memories

EyeSpy

Does anyone know what year exactly the Stradbroke estate opened? We were one of the first residents. I think, but am not sure, that it was 1950. Am I right? I've googled and got nowhere. Need the info for a piece I'm writing. thanks.

I know that Stradbroke school opened in September 1953 and the estate was built about 2 years before that I would have thought 1951 but like you not sure it could be 1950 as someone in a previous post says they lived there in 1950.

Hi Bellstar, Yes he was brilliant him and Gerald Parkin used to amaze me as I was also frightened to jump in. I have just been talking to my hubby about him as he was in the same class as him at Brook has name is Richard Hill next time you see him ask him if he remembers us.

Hi silly, I will be sure to ask him if he remembers you all.

I was about 18 months old when we moved to stradbroke, mum had a prefab before that and always wanted a brick house, I think she said it was a fairly new estate then. Have you googled to see if there is any info about the stradbroke estate?

• 1 month later...

he lived next to the woods on glenholme road , we called him parrot when we were little because he had a big nose.

he was crazy in a scary way , used to walk around laughing to himself. we were scared daft of him.

think his name was terence.

my dad moved into his house in 1952 when they were still painting the windows ha ha . got older brothers and sisters maybe you remember them ? second name white??

• 2 years later...