Eye for an eye, literally

Exactly right. Looks like Iran have postponed it due to the international outcry. Link here. Countries like Iran, Saudi etc are at about the same level morally that Western Europe were in the middle ages.

Yes but just because the West officially does not acknowledge sharia my guess is in this case if it was put to a general vote it would go ahead, and that vote would probably be based on how externally pretty she was.

Go on then, seeing as no one else has asked.

What do you know?

Ask Wallace. He knows what I'm thinking apparently.

Although.

Which is why it just may make them think twice.

I'm assuming he thinks he knows what people think in other countries Tatman :)

Apparently it's only him who knows what other people may think.

so he does that to someone but its harsh fdor the same thing to happen back to him???

Of course it isn't fair but that isn't the point. The point is that it won't work as a deterent much in the same way that the death penalty doesn't stop murders.

Of course it isn't fair but that isn't the point. The point is that it won't work as a deterent much in the same way that the death penalty doesn't stop murders.

Can you quantify that, or back it up with evidence? I suspect that punishment, does actually deter people from commiting crime.

Archived