Eye for an eye, literally

Good job we didn't have an attitude like that when the Nazis were exterminating the Jews.

Really? Have a look at your pre-war history. Then tell me the UK and US didn't have a similar attitude. How many times have I heard complaints about 'bringing Sharia justice' to the UK and the usual response is 'how dare they try to interfere with our judicial system', well it works both ways. Do you think half a dozen people screaming 'Barbaric!' is going to make the slightest difference to the Iranian government? Or half a dozen religious bigots screaming 'Bring in Sharia law' to the UK are going to make a difference to the UK government? Personally I'm amazed that, given the 'second class citizenship' of women in Iran, he was punished at all. I also think that in a country where revenge is enshrined within law the punisnment fits the crime. Or is this another 'look how evil the muslims are' thread?

Exactly right. Looks like Iran have postponed it due to the international outcry. Link here. Countries like Iran, Saudi etc are at about the same level morally that Western Europe were in the middle ages.

And judging by the comments the middle ages is where Daily Mail readers are today..... :hihi:

[/b]

So very rarely that it hardly qualifies as an argument against the death penalty

That in itself is enough to stop it. I'd rather live in a society where the law would rather let 99 guilty people walk free than have 1 innocent person killed / imprisoned.

Burn poppies as an insult to our fallen in the great war and watch your back for life. They know who they are have support from members on this forum. I'm back with facts and the uncomfortable truth.

Burn poppies as an insult to our fallen in the great war and watch your back for life. They know who they are have support from members on this forum. I'm back with facts and the uncomfortable truth.

You're back with a twisted view and hate in your heart - you ought to watch that, it'll make you ill you know.

P.S. Unless you know the names and adresses of the guys who were burning the poppies how are you going to make sure they watch their backs?

what has your post got to do with this thread?!?!?!?

Archived