Eye for an eye, literally

You're back with a twisted view and hate in your heart - you ought to watch that, it'll make you ill you know.

P.S. Unless you know the names and adresses of the guys who were burning the poppies how are you going to make sure they watch their backs?

They were fined £50 for burning poppies. So their names and add were posted in the press. They are on video also, but they all lookvery similar with thier faces coverd with head gear.

what has your post got to do with this thread?!?!?!?

Well now let me think?

Burn poppies as an insult to our heroes

And an appropriate punishment should not be a fine but the burning of said protester maybe? Not my view but a possibility if they are not careful.

Well now let me think?

Burn poppies as an insult to our heroes

And an appropriate punishment should not be a fine but the burning of said protester maybe? Not my view but a possibility if they are not careful.

so for burning an inanimate object, you think the appropriate punishment is to set fire to a human being?

so for burning an inanimate object, you think the appropriate punishment is to set fire to a human being?

Read my post, I stated its not my view. Red poppies are a symbol of our fallen not inanimate objects. Have you just landed on our green and pleasant land. Me thinks you know only to well what burning red poppies meant.

Oh and your term Human being is being used in to wide a manner, they are not human beings they are human waste products.

Read my post, I stated its not my view. Red poppies are a symbol of our fallen not inanimate objects. Have you just landed on our green and pleasant land. Me thinks you know only to well what burning red poppies meant.

Oh and your term Human being is being used in to wide a manner, they are not human beings they are human waste products.

A symbol or not they are inanimate. You say it is not your view but looking at your past posts I wonder.

Regardless of whether you agree with the burning of the poppies, which is not up for debate here, I think you would struggle to find someone who would agree that burning a none living thing warrants the burning of someone.

Because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you can inflict pain upon them Riche. You are then lowering yourself to the sub human standard as the terrorists and vile hate preachers (I include racists here) and you help negate your unusual views.

Can you quantify the opposite? Can you tell us how many avoided the death penalty for fear of receiving it?

I wasn't the one making a claim re: the effectiveness of the death penelty, so the onus isn't on me to prove anything.

These are academic studies from the US although it's obvioulsy not a deterent otherwise there would be no crime in states like Texas. Link here.

If it were to reduce the crime rate down to, say 1%; you are saying that would NOT costitute a deterrent?

That in itself is enough to stop it. I'd rather live in a society where the law would rather let 99 guilty people walk free than have 1 innocent person killed / imprisoned.

I dont know of anyone in the US in the last 100 years who was executed for murder and then later found to be innocent.

In Britain Timothy Evans comes to mind but that was a case of the British systen of justice at that time. A convicted murderer was allowed one appeal only and if that was denied sentence was carried out a very short time later

I dont know of anyone in the US in the last 100 years who was executed for murder and then later found to be innocent.

Possibly because no-one bothered to check, afterall, the person is now dead. Who cares.

However, since DNA evidence has led to the exoneration and release of more than 15 death row inmates since 1992 in the United States, I'd say on the balance of probabilities that it is likely that some innocent people have been executed in the US in the last 100 years.

There's also the case of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, which many believe was down the the hysteria of the time rather than any solid evidence. They maintained their innocence right up to their execution.

Regardless, short of re-opening cases / digging up bodies, we'll never know.

Archived