The IKEA in Sheffield thread

Excellent, about bloody time, now kill this thread, kill it dead !!!!!!!!!!

The biggest thread on Sheffield Forum!

Loads more posts yet to come about why is it taking so long to build and opening dates etc. :)

Looks like we're getting an IKEA after all the messing about!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/ikea-wins-1-6677125

I don't get this article - it's just the same news as we heard yesterday, surely? It still hasn't actually been approved by the planning committee (24th June I think it's booked in for?).

And didn't the planners recommend the Next Home Store too; people are quick to slag off the planners, but it's often the committee (elected officials) who are the ones making the dodgy decisions.

Excellent, about bloody time, now kill this thread, kill it dead !!!!!!!!!!

If it bothers you so much why do you keep coming back?

---------- Post added 17-06-2014 at 13:06 ----------

I don't get this article - it's just the same news as we heard yesterday, surely? It still hasn't actually been approved by the planning committee (24th June I think it's booked in for?).

And didn't the planners recommend the Next Home Store too; people are quick to slag off the planners, but it's often the committee (elected officials) who are the ones making the dodgy decisions.

never under-estimate the idiocy of the council, they could still turn it down because it isnt on the staples site!!

I don't get this article - it's just the same news as we heard yesterday, surely? It still hasn't actually been approved by the planning committee (24th June I think it's booked in for?)
Have you heard about these neat concepts called "psychological warfare" and "psy-ops"? :twisted:

Methinks IKEA's PR machine is very much in the driving seat, here: make the council's mind up for them in advance by vox populi proxy ;)

It's also frequently called "politics" :D

Edited by L00b

It amazes me that ikea still want to come with the amount of hoops scc want them to jump through!!!

They do because they think they can make money out of the folks of Sheffield, they are not a charity.

Not everyone wants an IKEA and they do get opposition from people that don't want a store, even the government take notice sometimes.

"The Government has stepped in to halt the outline planning permission for a new Ikea in east Greenwich after complaints from local protesters."

http://853blog.com/2014/05/22/greenwich-ikea-planning-permission-halted-by-government/