The IKEA in Sheffield thread

This is the reason John Lewis used for their objection to Ikea then withdrew their objection . It was a pretty stupid objection in the first place.

Much of john lewis stock is of better quality than ikea. For majority of items we rather go to john lewis than ikea even if they were right next to each other.

There are many things in john lewis ikea does not have and vise versa.

If that is the case, why is the Ikea development recommended for approval?
After 10 years of obstruction and then being backed into a corner by the Next fiasco

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/business/emails-reveal-weak-case-for-rejecting-sheffield-next-store-1-5694362

, I don't think finally approving it is anything to crow over.

Besides which it hasn't been approved yet.

After 10 years of obstruction and then being backed into a corner by the Next fiasco

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/business/emails-reveal-weak-case-for-rejecting-sheffield-next-store-1-5694362

, I don't think finally approving it is anything to crow over.

Besides which it hasn't been approved yet.

its been approved because sheffields reputation is that bad and they realised it needs changing

They cant be doing that badly cause Labour were voted in again in May 2014. So people cant be that bothered about the dittering idioys that have let Leeds over take sheffield as the city of the north.

Which just backs up my thoughts that Sheffield fears change.

Guest sibon
its been approved because sheffields reputation is that bad and they realised it needs changing

Tell us more orm. Who says we have a bad reputation? Is it just you.

How will building a big, blue, furniture warehouse improve our reputation?

They cant be doing that badly cause Labour were voted in again in May 2014. So people cant be that bothered about the dittering idioys that have let Leeds over take sheffield as the city of the north.

Which just backs up my thoughts that Sheffield fears change.

I was born and dragged up in Sheffield so I do have some loyalty to my city but business people decide what businesses will make money and they are the ones that put their money into Sheffield not the council. They have put their money into loan shops, discount stores, Pawn shops, betting shops, fast food outlets etc. Sadly we get the outlets that will make money for the investors. Just look at the forum, people just want the cheapest on the market. Gone are they days when the top line investors put their money into Sheffield, we won't spend on good quality items.

I was born and dragged up in Sheffield so I do have some loyalty to my city but business people decide what businesses will make money and they are the ones that put their money into Sheffield not the council. They have put their money into loan shops, discount stores, Pawn shops, betting shops, fast food outlets etc. Sadly we get the outlets that will make money for the investors. Just look at the forum, people just want the cheapest on the market. Gone are they days when the top line investors put their money into Sheffield, we won't spend on good quality items.

There are discount stores, Pawn shops, betting shops, fast food outlets in Meadowhall.

And in Leeds.

Maybe companies are not interested in Sheffield cause its too much ball ache dealing with this council.

A council more interested in cycle paths & community centres than job creation.