The IKEA in Sheffield thread

Of course; but others might not [the blind, or non-locals, for instance]. Think of people unfamiliar with the area and post helpfully.

If someone doesn't know the area then I don't see what extra detail would help them? I feel you're being pedantic for the sake of it.

Are you really criticising someone's post for having not enough detail for a blind person to read? And also implying that THEY are being pedantic?

And you're doing all of this while supposedly being a Moderator of this site - should that not mean that you at least attempt to rise above the petty bickering and argumentative 'banter' that plagues this site and it makes it (for the majority) such an unpleasant place to frequent.

Shame on you. Pathetic behaviour.

Or you're being unhelpful to the blind or non-locals unfamiliar with the area, for the sake of it?

A postcode allows anyone to identify the location within 100 yards.

Whereas 'across from the Mercedes garage' narrows it down to about 200 possible locations (and that would just be the official dealerships"

And you discriminated against the non-blind locals who aren't familiar with the area as well...

Just as well I am not as pedantic as some!

Has there not been a futuristic pair of dark glasses invented with an ear piece for a blind person to hear from whilst following the spoken route....via an in-built SAT NAV? IF NOT what are all these NEW AGE INNOVATORS up to. Funding a problem.... how come be absolutely REVOLUTIONARY! 《WONDER WEAR》....WHERE THE BLIND CAN LEAD THE BLIND as a car is lead..? Maybe this will reach the IKEA designers who have contributed highly for People Internationally. If this idea takes patent..don't forget MY CUT and I'm VERY SERIOUS. I WILL proceed legally. Stevie Wonder should be the figure head representing the MARVELS our blind community can achieve with missing faculties..Oh What a Wonderful World....

Edited by VIEW2BUY