The IKEA in Sheffield thread

Without reading back over 144 pages can I ask if ikea has the go ahead or has it been blocked? If it has been given the go ahead when do they think it will be opening, and where exactly is it going to be situated?

Without reading back over 144 pages can I ask if ikea has the go ahead or has it been blocked? If it has been given the go ahead when do they think it will be opening, and where exactly is it going to be situated?

Yes, it's going ahead - I think they're looking to open Spring 2017. My understanding is that it's going in the old Tinsley Wire area, next to Meadowhall retail park.

Yes, it's going ahead - I think they're looking to open Spring 2017. My understanding is that it's going in the old Tinsley Wire area, next to Meadowhall retail park.

Thank you, I don't come on very often and didn't fancy reading back through the whole thread, thank you for replying :)

I thought it was going to be around the Meadowhall Drive area.The roads around there have certainly been upgraded recently.

I fully understand why they did it. I'm saying it doesn't work and it almost certainly increases congestion and reduces safety for pedestrians.

Sorry, it was just that you said that it needed to be sorted out, but I was just saying that if the council 'sorted it out', that would really only mean one thing; even less access for motor vehicles, possibly taking away even the long winded route you described. It just seemed like a 'careful what you wish for moment' is all! No offence intended. :)

• 2 months later...