The IKEA in Sheffield thread

Nothing wrong with that chest of drawers, they cant help it if people dont follow the instructions and dont anchor them to the walls. OK you probably dont need to if you dont have young kids, I certainly never have done. Didnt feel the need to for a 14 year old.

Nothing wrong with that chest of drawers, they cant help it if people dont follow the instructions and dont anchor them to the walls. OK you probably dont need to if you dont have young kids, I certainly never have done. Didnt feel the need to for a 14 year old.

Living life in the fast lane :)

That is very kind of them as they had clearly instructed not to use that recalled drawers unit to climb on and also clearly recommend to anchor the unit securely to the wall, especially when children are around.

Long time ago I ones installed some bedroom units in someone else house and they were really angry that I had attached the thin tall wobbly units to the wall. They were furious that I had done that.

These are the same type of people who go to a lawyer when their child gets killed in an irresponsible furniture crushes child accident.

The simple solution there is dont let kids touch them . if they do give em a clip round the ear`ole like we would have got when we were kids.

Like he said, traffic, congestion is usually a major issue around Ikea.

It will be a lot worse than meadowhall, at least meadowhall has a ring road with several entrances to their much bigger parking lot.

Ikea has a more supermarket multi story like parking system with much lower capacity.

I think you're spot on right. Traffic will be a lot worse. SCC car hating planners will make sure of that. Dont forget that the council spent millions of pounds of tax payers money fighting ikea's application on the grounds of traffic congestion. Now would be a good time to buy shares in Acme traffic lights plc

I think you're spot on right. Traffic will be a lot worse. SCC car hating planners will make sure of that. Dont forget that the council spent millions of pounds of tax payers money fighting ikea's application on the grounds of traffic congestion. Now would be a good time to buy shares in Acme traffic lights plc

Absolute rubbish. The Council didn't fight Ikea's planning application at this site, they approved it, despite the fact that they recognise it will make traffic conditions worse (and they've conditioned some highway improvements on the Ikea store development to mitigate this, at least partly).

The Next Home Store was the one they didn't approve but the decision was overturned at appeal.

Turning down a planning application doesn't cost "millions". A bit of officer time and maybe a lawyer to represent you at the planning inquiry. A few thousands, nothing remotely like "millions of pounds".

Interested to see what happens with this store. Do I go down and risk the traffic or do I just buy it online.

Next generation stuff in my opinion.

Good point, future generations will go less and less to the store and just buy online anyway.

Building another expensive store with loads of expenses will become a riskier investment when 50% of future customers prefer to click it.

(that number is imaginative and not based on any investigative facts)