The IKEA in Sheffield thread

Just back from a trip to the new Ikea (got a special invite through a friend for the soft launch) and was duly impressed.

Layout wise, it was good. The store is humongous and cafe more accesible from various parts of the store.

Signage explaining the layouts, numbering the departments were very helpful.

Lots of staff on hand too. All in all, a very good aditiion to the Sheffield retail scene.

Can't wait to spend more of my hard earned money on Ikea :hihi::roll:

Just back from a trip to the new Ikea (got a special invite through a friend for the soft launch) and was duly impressed.

Layout wise, it was good. The store is humongous and cafe more accesible from various parts of the store.

Signage explaining the layouts, numbering the departments were very helpful.

Lots of staff on hand too. All in all, a very good aditiion to the Sheffield retail scene.

Can't wait to spend more of my hard earned money on Ikea :hihi::roll:

Sounds good :) I'm off tomorrow night for a look.

All this fuss over some flat pack furniture :P

I don't think people realise there was one down the road in Notts and one up in Leeds before!

I think they do and that's why they're pleased to have one on the doorstep !

They sell a lot more than flat pack furniture you know :rolleyes:

I love Ikea and will be down there soon enough when all the dust has settled.

The preview last night was excellent. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great store. I left feeling very impressed and looking forward to going again very soon.

Which was obviously the point of the preview night. Do you need more furniture, are are you going to and buy some stuff you don't need because of the impressive preview show?