The IKEA in Sheffield thread

quite simple if you want to browse on the upper floor fair enough but you can skip to the marketplace which for me is far better and quicker

---------- Post added 09-10-2017 at 23:11 ----------

so is leeds but sheffield is 50% times bigger in selling space

How anyone could be confused with the layout makes me wonder how they progress through life!

Recruitment was a little bemusing

I'm white, 43, 11 years experience in retail and logistics for a major store at Meadowhall, 7 years prior to that in an airline customer service role at Heathrow and Birmingham airports.

Got through to the assessment day, didn't receive an offer.

The modern way of assessment uses a score sheet. The 'ideal' employee sits in a band within the maximum and minimum.

Score to much - you don't get the job

Score to little - you don't get the job

Score within the range for the position you are applying for - you may get the job.

This way they can get ordinary staff (not trained HR staff) to conduct the recruitment days.

The score sheets are then passed to HR (in the Netherlands for Ikea) to say yay or ney.

I found things in a slightly different order but overall signs are there to help you and they even have staff who will point you in the right direction too...

The day we went the little staff working were all telling people where to go. In the 17 minutes in there I counted 23 people asking where the exit Was! So.i wouldn't say it was that clear. I found it very dark and not easy to navigate with a baby. May try again in the future but not that fussed about it

---------- Post added 11-10-2017 at 08:37 ----------

Oh and no parent and baby spaces in a very tight car park?

The day we went the little staff working were all telling people where to go. In the 17 minutes in there I counted 23 people asking where the exit Was! So.i wouldn't say it was that clear. I found it very dark and not easy to navigate with a baby. May try again in the future but not that fussed about it

What were the bigger staff doing?

Really ? I'm sure I drove past some when I went on Saturday... :huh: