Gremlin Graphics? Where are they now?

Space

Thanks for all your replies! I'm gonna chase them up and see if I can find any of the lads!

I do remember going into the games shop next to them (Just Micro) when I was a nipper and the Gremlin lads letting us playtest all their unreleased stuff ages before it came into retail!

Great to see a Sheffield based firm designing and making a brand such as Monty, most people will recognise the name even if they have never played them.

I wish they would release a new version on the Xbox!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks again....

Originally posted by Space

Thanks for all your replies! I'm gonna chase them up and see if I can find any of the lads!

I do remember going into the games shop next to them (Just Micro) when I was a nipper and the Gremlin lads letting us playtest all their unreleased stuff ages before it came into retail!

Great to see a Sheffield based firm designing and making a brand such as Monty, most people will recognise the name even if they have never played them.

Thanks again....

"Monty on the Run 360" - now *there's* a cool concept LOL

Glad to be of help. Good luck in tracking down the "author"

Cheers.

Originally posted by Space

Thanks again....

Oh yeah, Next gen Monty Mole would own on so many levels! As would next gen Jack the Nipper!

I worked in Infogrames Sheffield Studios until the erm, interesting, end, nice big redundancy cheques, a month of stripping anything valuable out of the building, (including a basement of old consoles and suits of armour) and playing inter office golf throughout the building. Ahhhh, Interesting times.

Just in case anyone is interested about 1/4 of the staff endded in sumo, 1/4 in zoo, a few in tuna, and the rest left sheffield, (1/2 UK, 1/2 US), or a few like myself left the games industry all together.

As for the property rights, some got sold off, a few got transferred to sumo or other leaving staff's new ventures, but most went on to Atari US.

Either way things look better again in the city with Sumo, and ZOO both doing well, (currently expanding), although i hope slightly more stable than Infogrames. (I mean, some of the things in the companies entertainmnet budget......Oh dear, Indeed....)

Sam