Gremlin Graphics? Where are they now?

Space

I worked with Pete Harrap at Teque/Krisalis for many years.

The last time I saw him he was running the IT department of a school in Doncaster, but I think he's doing a similar job in the Leeds area now.

Krisalis closed down about 4 years ago, but Pete had already left by then. I think he just got fed up with the games industry.

Originally posted by nda1970

I worked with Pete Harrap at Teque/Krisalis for many years.

The last time I saw him he was running the IT department of a school in Doncaster, but I think he's doing a similar job in the Leeds area now.

Krisalis closed down about 4 years ago, but Pete had already left by then. I think he just got fed up with the games industry.

I bet he made one hell of a fun I.T. teacher..

"Remember kids - it's Z to go left, X to go right and Space Bar to jump.."

Auf Wiedersehen Monty A-Level anyone ... ?

• 7 years later...

Hi,

I like mainly to get in touch with ReverendSam.

I am a Norwegian guy, and have been in touch with a bunch of programmers from Gremlin interactive over the last years regarding Actua Soccer! I also had personal contact with Mr Ian Stewart as well as Barry Hatch and Martin Hooley. The owners back in the 90s behind the companies in Sheffield. Martin owned Runecraft Ltd, while Ian owned Gremlin Interactive Limited.

I have some questions if you are able to answer, but I am not allowed to send you any personal messages. I am very interested to get details. Essepcially what happened to the source codes after Infogrames went bankrupted!

Best regards Thomas

Hi,

I am a Norwegian guy, and have been in touch with a bunch of programmers from Gremlin interactive over the last years regarding Actua Soccer! I also had personal contact with Mr Ian Stewart as well as Barry Hatch and Martin Hooley. The owners back in the 90s behind the companies in Sheffield. Martin owned Runecraft Ltd, while Ian owned Gremlin Interactive Limited.

I have some questions if you are able to answer, but I am not allowed to send you any personal messages. I am very interested to get details. Essepcially what happened to the source codes after Infogrames went bankrupted!

Best regards Thomas

The source code may be owned by Atari, who were part of the Infogrames organisation. The source code will be quite old by now of course, because I had already thought of that myself ;)

Hi,

Best regards Thomas

i believe its 5 posts and you can pm?

Hi,

Yes, I need five postes, but I do not got them yet. :)

Well, I know all this about the source code. The game was developed in 1995. I have talked to most of the programmers, which have given me many details about the code etc. :) (Incluing Phillip Rankin, Julian Gardner, Richard Stevenson, Andy Findlay and Laurent Noel)

Zoo acquired all the Actua Sport back in 2003 from ATARI after Infogrames went into bankruptcy. I talked to Ian Stewart about this matter, but he think all codes wore thrown when Infogrames closed and the building was demolished! Although I would like to actually get more detailed information, as I cannot believe all is gone. ATARI closed down everything in the UK this year, so I assume everything is gone. Any detailed information would be interesting.

Kindest regards Thomas

Hi,

Yes, I need five postes, but I do not got them yet. :)

Well, I know all this about the source code. The game was developed in 1995. I have talked to most of the programmers, which have given me many details about the code etc. :) (Incluing Phillip Rankin, Julian Gardner, Richard Stevenson, Andy Findlay and Laurent Noel)

Zoo acquired all the Actua Sport back in 2003 from ATARI after Infogrames went into bankruptcy. I talked to Ian Stewart about this matter, but he think all codes wore thrown when Infogrames closed and the building was demolished! Although I would like to actually get more detailed information, as I cannot believe all is gone. ATARI closed down everything in the UK this year, so I assume everything is gone. Any detailed information would be interesting.

Kindest regards Thomas

If Infogrames/Atari did indeed throw away all the source code, that would indeed be a shame.

There are other people connected with the game who may be able to shed some light on it, I will see if I can get in touch with them.

---------- Post added 26-05-2013 at 19:56 ----------

I don't know the person you state but from the late 90's I do remember "twok owt terry" who used to sell his own playstation games at the bottom of the moor, does anyone know what he is upto now?

You mean he developed his own games? Which ones did he create?

Hi Grappler,

Yes, it is a big shame!

I have involved myself a lot in this soccer game! I am very enthusiastic!

Ian Stewart gave me the rights to obtain the code in 2011. Today the Actua Soccer IP is still in Ian Stewarts hands! He is still in the game business; Urbanscan. His company is the owner of all rights to Actua Soccer. As CEO of Zoo Digital they acquired the old Gremlin games back from ATARI, but from what I know they never got the codes from them!

I was in contact with Mr Richard Stevenson from 2009 until 2012. He had the source code in hand, but he has not yet handed it over to me. We had a large post on Facebook including many of the previous programmers and artists which worked for Gremlin Interactive with the disks including the code. He got the code on his computer in Sheffield, but sadly I have not got it yet. :/ So I try to get it in another way instead. It seems to be quite hopeless, as I have tried for 10 years now to get it...