Is anyone currently taking pregabalin ?

Just wondered if anyone is on pregabalin and what side effects if any they have experienced.Also how long does the tablet take to stabilise in the body so that you are comfortable with it's effects ?

I have read about this on google etc , it's personal experience I am looking for.

Thanks.

I was prescribed it a few years ago for a chronic pain condition.

An hour after taking it, my speech would be slurred, I would walk into walls (accidentally) and felt pleasantly high for about 8 hours.

This would've been fine if I didn't have a job to go to etc.

It didn't help the pain and I needed to function rather than just lie on the couch feeling spaced out, so I stopped taking it. Was taking it for about 2 months and the "side effects" should have worn off by then, but I was as spaced out on day 60 as day 1 !

Lots of Americans seem to abuse it recreationally, and I can understand why.

Have you been prescribed it as pain relief or for epilepsy?

It keeps knocking me out with bouts of tiredness, dizzy spells are infrequent but can leave you feeling a little unwell.

Some days I experience dry mouth.

I can go with the above comment, people are telling me that it zombifies me.

The biggest side effect is not taking them once your on them, I keep forgetting to take them, and it kind of feels like a hangover, a little bitter on the body so to speak. Frustration and anger start creeping back in.

On the plus side it appears to have doused my rage and I don't seem to get as angry and frustrated as did prior to taking them.

And touch wood I haven't had any seizures yet.

Archived