Kids Allowed to run riot

So punishing a parent for the behaviour of their child makes sense, but making a parent take medication for the behaviour of their child doen't?

One sounds just about as sensible as the other to me.

What are you talking about? schizophrenia is an illness. So if a child has an ailment then the parents should also take the medication

getting caught drink driving at 9 year old and not blaming the parents is just stupid. When i was 9 I can remember not being allowed out of the view of my house when playing on the front, and being in bed for 8pm. If a child at 9 is behaving this way who is to blame really if not the parents? You could understand (well sort of) if the boy was in his mid teens but at 9 years old. His carers should be keeping him under control.

thats the way i see it too

i was bullied at school as my mum had us in after school activitys every night and half the weekend until we were 16 so i was never with the "in" crowd who hung around at the park, while i might have been miffed back then im damn glad now as half of the "in" crowd are now serving time in prison

a child of 9 should have been under much closer care, thou its appears that very young children committing crimes often come from problematic backgrounds

What are you talking about? schizophrenia is an illness. So if a child has an ailment then the parents should also take the medication

Many schizophrenics commit crimes. If you agree with punishing parents for their children's crimes, why not make them take their medication as well?

Many schizophrenics commit crimes. If you agree with punishing parents for their children's crimes, why not make them take their medication as well?

How many schizophrenic 9 year olds do you know? this usually manifests itself in adulthood so doesn't compare with topic

How many schizophrenic 9 year olds do you know? this usually manifests itself in adulthood so doesn't compare with topic

The OP isn't talking about 9 year olds

I believe that children commiting a crime should be punished the same as an adult, if there old enough to do the crime there old enough to do the time, theres no wonder they run riot, steel your car vandalise everything, its no wonder when they dont even get a slap on the hand, its about time the law came down heavy on them, wouldnt suprise me if 70% of crime is done by teenagers(not all are bad i may say). check this link out you will be devastated

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/boy-nine-held-drink-driving-093022370.html

how rough does it have to get for 8 year olds drink driving though! the government has got to stop this anti social behavour, the asbo things dont work, the council wont make a tarmaced area at the end of my street into a small playground because it will invite teens in to get drunk at night and cause havoc, what the decent kids gonna think? are they just going to copy?

The parent should not be punished at all. Have any of you that are saying this experienced a problem child in the family home instead of just seeing them on the street? i have and what you are saying makes you stupid.

EDIT: I'm talking about teenagers

The parent should not be punished at all. Have any of you that are saying this experienced a problem child in the family home instead of just seeing them on the street? i have and what you are saying makes you stupid.

Why stupid? If a child has boundaries they are less likely to act in such a way. I don't agree with you. Maybe if the child was a teenager but not at 9 years old.

dont feed the trolls, they have only a rudimentary understanding of logic and interpersonal skills of a squashed beetle

so the family i lived next to where the mum put her kids out on the street ( youngest was then 5 ) while she went to the pub the kids would then misbehave throwing things at houses and passersby was blameless because its the children that are the problem huh

you might want to have another think about it before you call other posters stupid

Archived