How do I get a nice pert glutimus maximus?

If it's not genetic then how come one line of my family all have the same shaped backside? We always say that we don't have a bum, we have two flat patches of muscle.

If it IS genetic then how come so many people easily change it?

If it IS genetic then how come so many people easily change it?

Body shape, natural build and the like are all genetic. Although you can change them with work, they revert back to your natural build if you stop working at it.

For example, my mum's side of my family are natural ectomorphs, my dad's are mesomorphs. One line of my mum's family all also share flat bums, very narrow hips (proportionally), bent top phalanges joints on the middle fingers of both hands and rounded stomachs even on when you are slim, toned and with defined abdominals.

I inherited the mesomorph body shaping but also the flat bum, the bent fingers and the rounded stomach (at the moment it's rounded because I'm fat, but when I was modelling and had a six pack it still wasn't flat). My sister is an ectomorph with the same flat bum, bent fingers and rounded stomach.

When I work on my glutes I can make my backside more rounded, but as soon as I stop it's back to being 2 flat patches of muscle within a couple of weeks. It's just the way I'm built.

Body shape, natural build and the like are all genetic. Although you can change them with work, they revert back to your natural build if you stop working at it.

For example, my mum's side of my family are natural ectomorphs, my dad's are mesomorphs. One line of my mum's family all also share flat bums, very narrow hips (proportionally), bent top phalanges joints on the middle fingers of both hands and rounded stomachs even on when you are slim, toned and with defined abdominals.

I inherited the mesomorph body shaping but also the flat bum, the bent fingers and the rounded stomach (at the moment it's rounded because I'm fat, but when I was modelling and had a six pack it still wasn't flat). My sister is an ectomorph with the same flat bum, bent fingers and rounded stomach.

When I work on my glutes I can make my backside more rounded, but as soon as I stop it's back to being 2 flat patches of muscle within a couple of weeks. It's just the way I'm built.

Oh! You have any pics!!

I'm a natural ectomorph, originally with a flat bum, but since my early twenties (through on/off exercising) i have a well shaped backside :love::love: I know how easily muscle can disappear once you stop training, but over the last few years I've only trained about once a week and it keeps me in shape. Anyway, my post (this one):

It's not all in the genes at all. In the jeans maybe (fnar fnar fnar).

was in response to this:

If you haven't got a good bum, don't waste your time trying to get one. It's all in the genes you see, I happen to come from a long line of tight bums.

Which is wrong.

I have quite a flat buttocks and even though my female companion seems to like molesting me, i wouldnt mind having a bit more muscle there, just so that i could flex it in the mirror and admire myslef, whilst pretending to be mr universe. I have come up with the theory that my lack of a glutimus maximus could be down to the way i walk because i dont use my buttocks muscles when i walk and i have noticed that women seem to clench theirs as they walk. Are you ladies doing this as a form of exercise or to try and look sexy? :suspect: Anyroad, i'd like some advice in how to tone up my (lack of) glutes.

How to get firm buttocks

Get yourself onto a football pitch, do the usual warm up....etc....

Get to the goal line, spint to the edge of the penaly area, come bag, sprint to the half way line and back, sprint to the penalty area on other side and come back, then go to the opposite goal line and sprint back.

Have a small rest.

Do the same in reverse, this whole routine should take less than 7 minutes.

As others have said, genetics do come into this, but this is a good way to get a pert bot. Kicks from Martial Arts are good, but make sure the instructor is experienced in this kind of training, otherwise you could destroy your knees permanantly very quickly

Have you thought of having 'Butox' injections? Wasps stings are very good for inflaming the bum... they certainly maximise your gluteus! Of course ... once they sting they die. I can take all the dead ones off your hands for a small fee. ;)

Have you thought of having 'Butox' injections? Wasps stings are very good for inflaming the bum... they certainly maximise your gluteus! Of course ... once they sting they die. I can take all the dead ones off your hands for a small fee. ;)

Are we back to talking about wasps..again:help:

Archived