Bitcoins - the new currency?

I came across this link about Reasons not to buy bitcoins= http://www.forbes.com/sites/timothylee/2013/04/03/four-reason-you-shouldnt-buy-bitcoins/

If you got in there at the right time like Nagel than its all good but personally I'm not to keen on electronic currency.

They are at £117 something at the moment.

I don't have many Bitcoins, just 25 and I'm not buying more. The ones I have were free because I sold just enough to cover my initial outlay when the price started rising.

So if they crash to zero I haven't lost anything at all :)

If you're not keen on electronic currency then you should ditch Pounds Sterling and buy Gold. All bank accounts are strings of ones and zeroes with only the say-so of the government to back them up. In a real monetary crisis the government will renege on their promise like in Cyprus.

Edited by Nagel

Nagel are you not considering selling the remaining 25 now? They are at a record high $197. I bought in at $100 so I'm hoping they can push on to $350 for a decent return, some seem confident that it will hit $1000+ but if they ever do I'm sure it will be after this bubble has burst, too many people must be getting itchy feet I reckon.

Nagel are you not considering selling the remaining 25 now? They are at a record high $197. I bought in at $100 so I'm hoping they can push on to $350 for a decent return, some seem confident that it will hit $1000+ but if they ever do I'm sure it will be after this bubble has burst, too many people must be getting itchy feet I reckon.

$207 now.

I'm really not bothered about cashing them in. Like I said, if they drop to zero I've lost nothing.

$207 now.

I'm really not bothered about cashing them in. Like I said, if they drop to zero I've lost nothing.

True, though some find that gaining something is a better feeling than losing nothing. If you're not quite so capitalistic though I'm sure you won't mind sharing to aid the even redistribution of Sheffield's bitcoin wealth (I only have 2 BTC) :hihi: 1Cft97XSgaAxxo9Vto8c1FUPUdLgQmqodn

Edited by Angles

Nagel are you not considering selling the remaining 25 now? They at a record high $197. I bought in at $100 so I'm hoping they can push on to $350 for a decent return, some seem confident that it will hit $1000+ but if they ever do I'm sure it will be after this bubble has burst, too many people must be getting itchy feet I reckon.

The price on them just collapsed, they seem like a very unstable currancy at the moment.

You're still making abit, but it looks like 350 or 10000 is abit unlikely.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22105322