White Gold problem

White gold like most things white will have problems unless it is pure.

How can white gold be 'pure' ... it's an alloy! Gold is 'gold' at 24 carats, after that it's not pure.

What other (as you say) 'white things' will have 'problems' unless they're 'pure'?

What is pure white ... do you go down the chemist and say 'Half a pound of pure white please'? :huh:

How can white gold be 'pure' ... it's an alloy! Gold is 'gold' at 24 carats, after that it's not pure.

What other (as you say) 'white things' will have 'problems' unless they're 'pure'?

What is pure white ... do you go down the chemist and say 'Half a pound of pure white please'? :huh:

Exactly! it's usually alloyed with Nickel.

I was being ironic. For white to be pure is should have no impurities:hihi:

• 5 weeks later...

update:

after re-plating once then having the ring sent back to their "quality control", Leslie Davies are refusing to do anything other than re-plating. The report they produced blamed the wearer saying its excessive wear. this is after only 2 months, for an engagement ring :huh:

so frankly, leslie davies's customer service is appalling, not to mention the snotty women who refused to listen to anything we said. they use their own internal quality control, who for obvious reasons are unlikely to say their own products are anything other then perfect, blame the customer.

if i can give any advise after all of this it would be. stay well away from leslie davies. they dont give a toss about you after they have your money.

Bad luck WeX.:( I too had no idea that some of the white gold rings you can buy are actually plated.

Have you thought about contacting trading standards? I would think you've got a pretty strong case if you're after a refund.

i will be. i think having the ring for approx 7 weeks in all to rectify the problem is enough to be honest.

another update.

after speaking with the oft they say I have the right to ask for a replacement or a refund, which ever is acceptable to the retailer.

i have spoken with leslie davies head office customer services and they are to look into the problem. the lady was very nice but i wont be holding my breath. she did sound surprised when i told her the manager of the sheffield meadowhall branch claimed he did not have the authority to refund or exchange the ring.

i'm now to wait 3 days for their response.

Archived