Bail out bankers but get rid of charities?

I find myself in a bit of shock. I was working for a local sheffield charity that actually was making a difference, it helped me and it has helped countless others as well as offering a very cheap service to sheffield.

It had it's funding rejected after being given this without problem in the past, it was even within a whisker of not having to ask for this and being self sufficient through it's hard working staff.

If we can bail out banks that offer a questionable service, why can't we rally as communities to save these charities from closure.

In the war we banded together for the greater good, does this crisis not justify similar action by our communities.....if charity can't survive then what good is this country?, and if we can't afford charity to ourselves how can we afford it abroad?.

Sad day for the people i had the pleasure of working with.

they have been doing all they can through online sales, shop, packing etc and the funding would have seen them through the period to self sustainability.

Getting the public spirit behind local charities we should keep might go far enough to tell this government, we will go so far but not this far....if we can't control banks then we should at least safeguard our hard working charities.

they have been doing all they can through online sales, shop, packing etc and the funding would have seen them through the period to self sustainability.

Getting the public spirit behind local charities we should keep might go far enough to tell this government, we will go so far but not this far....if we can't control banks then we should at least safeguard our hard working charities.

Yes they, but you're asking for community spirit and the help of others.

Why don't you start a fundraiser if you believe in the cause?

I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be willing to help, it would certainly get you further than blaming the government and the banks.

Why don't you write a post describing all the good things the charity does and the help it provides and ask others for help too?

It is obscene that the big fat bankers are back on track with their big fat bonuses while the charity sector lies in tatters across the country and the worst is yet to come. People just seem to 'accept' that this is the only outcome that would save the country from bancrupcy.

Well I think it is morally bankrupt. Have people forgotten the MP's with their noses in the expenses trough? Now it's all about keeping just the other side of centre to keep the votes on side while trying to get the policies in discreetely.

The new NHS bill will effectively open it up to profiteering from the private sector. Look at who was donating to the Tory party in the run -up to the election.

I am willing to go the whole hog for them, if i can find people to back me up and help me with idea's for fund raising, and while i am at it, why stop with the charity i know, tory cuts be damned, this is great britain and our concern for others is what sets us apart.

Archived