Are we responsible for our own circumstances?

Hello

Viewing the threads on here there seems to be little middle ground in some arguments. Everything, it seems, is all the fault of others. At what point do we have to take some responsibility for our own circumstances? I believe that, in most cases, some people/nations/races/classes/ are their own worst enemy.

There's a common theme of blaming others for all the wrongs in the world. What do you think?

:suspect::D

To some extent yes but remember life is not what you make it. In most circumstances life is what OTHER PEOPLE let you make it, otherwise we'd all have everything we want ... and that certainly isn't the case.

To some extent yes but remember life is not what you make it. In most circumstances life is what OTHER PEOPLE let you make it

Only if you allow them, which says more about you than them.

otherwise we'd all have everything we want ... and that certainly isn't the case.

I have everything I could possibly want, but then, I'm prepared to work for it rather than complain that there's some conspiracy holding me back.

I have everything I could possibly want, but then, I'm prepared to work for it rather than complain that there's some conspiracy holding me back.

This.

Life is definitely what you make it.

Everyone should take responsibility for their own circumstances (within reason).

Yes but some people will settle for anything and who are you anyway?

Yes but some people will settle for anything

I haven't had to settle for anything, I have everything I could realistically want.

That's what happens when you take responsibility for yourself rather than blaming everyone else for your failures.

and who are you anyway?

Someone who's not deluded to the realities of the world ;)

To some extent yes but remember life is not what you make it. In most circumstances life is what OTHER PEOPLE let you make it, otherwise we'd all have everything we want ... and that certainly isn't the case.

Go and put the kettle on.

I haven't had to settle for anything, I have everything I could realistically want.

That's what happens when you take responsibility for yourself rather than blaming everyone else for your failures.

Someone who's not deluded to the realities of the world ;)

Realistically? That rather implies that there is some obstruction down the line doesn't it?

Archived