In This Age of "Equality" Why aren't Thick People Paid The Same?

If you believe in "equality" do you think that thick people should be paid the same as the intelligent?

I'm not talking about the lazy or feckless, but if someone is a willing student and has tried their best, but failed, why should they be paid less?

A road sweeper may be born less intelligent than a Dr, but it's not their fault. so they should be paid the same?

Why should someone who's brain is less able than someone's which is, be paid less?

If someone's legs don't work as well as someone elses it wouldn't effect their pay, and it'd probably be illegal to pay them different salaries?

I would be particularly interested in well qualified, well paid, equality gurus opinions...:D

If you believe in "equality" do you think that thick people should be paid the same as the intelligent?

I'm not talking about the lazy or feckless, but if someone is a willing student and has tried their best, but failed, why should they be paid less?

A road sweeper may be born less intelligent than a Dr, but it's not their fault. so they should be paid the same?

Why should someone who's brain is less able than someone's which is, be paid less?

If someone's legs don't work as well as someone elses it wouldn't effect their pay, and it'd probably be illegal to pay them different salaries?

I would be particularly interested in well qualified, well paid, equality gurus opinions...:D

This would be the premise of communism - It never works out as the idealists would like it to, due to human nature... Some are more equal than others...

You could argue that a plumber is thicker than a person who works in a bank, but which earns more ?

Indeed there are many mental skills which are worthless nowadays. The chap who can do lots of sums in his head and would have made a brilliant number-cruncher for a bank a hundred years ago, is now hopelessly outperformed by a computer that costs less than a hundredth of his wage to have working.

We are not allowed to discriminate, against race, colour, age, sex, sexuality, or disability, but every time I have applied for a job as a brain surgeon I have been discriminated against, they always discriminated against intelligence and in my opinion a lack of intelligence is a disability.:huh:

Archived