Any ideas for my husbands 50th birthday

My children presented me with a briefcase on my 50th,inside which were a fold up walking stick,incontinence pads,grecian 2000,various tonics,a mocked up bus pass and a mug with oh no 5 0 writ large so i wouldn't miss seeing it everytime i had a cuppa.

How about a baloon ride? - though that might be expensive.

A friend of ours is celebrating a big birthday this weekend, and he is meeting up with a load of friends somewhere in Derbyshire, walking to a cafe for a breakfast, and then having another walk to the pub. I can't go because I have got to go to work! :-(

Sign up to groupon. It's an online website with different promotions. My boyfriend got a day's paintballing for him and five friends (plus a three course BBQ lunch) for £12 all in. All he has to do is buy extra paintballs on the day. They've had a fair few paintballing offers on. They have hotels too so you could maybe sort the lot for cheap!

There's another website called livingsocial too but I've not tried that one!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived