Girl 8 gets botox

I have Cerebral Palsy, and want to have botox treatment even though Im only 20 years old. By injection of botox maybe can help me to control my facial muscle contraction but it's not lasting forever. I haven't mention it to my family, as they may think i'm confident who i am now, but i really want to change and make me better ...

have you spoken to your consultant about it?

its a recognised treatment for cerebral palsy although ive only heard of children whove had them in thier legs so far

I have Cerebral Palsy, and want to have botox treatment even though Im only 20 years old. By injection of botox maybe can help me to control my facial muscle contraction but it's not lasting forever. I haven't mention it to my family, as they may think i'm confident who i am now, but i really want to change and make me better ...

In your case, dream, I think that this is a perfectly reasonable use for Botox. I know many people with CP whose mobility and function have been helped immensely by the use of botox in limbs which are in rictus (CP Spasms). in these cases, it's an excellent treatment.

I have two objections to what this mother is doing to her 8 year old:-

one, because no 8 year old needs botox, cosmetically, and secondly, the long-term damage from the use of botox, cosmetically, is now known, that the flesh under the face, where the botox has been administered, atrophies, leaving pits. What eighteen year old wants to have pits in their facial structure, if they don't have to?

Girl 4 gets ears pierced, and wears French Connection United Kingdom "FC UK" T shirt. We are a nation of scum bags, chav scum idiots. Take a look at these girls when they go for a drink, they look like street walkers, pro's. Not classy.

We in the UK are obviously less scummy than you yanks, so it seems... We have yet to have kids in paedoe festivals (child pagents) and so have no requirement to inject their faces with botox... It's outrageous, it's just horrible, and I bet that there is a insecure kid in the UK who probably read it and wondered why their parents wouldn't let them have something weird like this...

Whilst channel hopping I came across one of the yank programmes where sweet little girls some no more than babies, were pulled about, had thousands of dollars spent on clothes, make up, and even false teeth if they had lost the milk teeth. I couldn't get my head round it,it turned my stomach, turned channels after about three minutes. Poor little things, I reckon the mothers were trying to live thier lives through the little ones.

On a slightly different note, has anyone else read/heard that the little bridesmaid at the royal wedding, Grace Van Cutsem (the one with her hands over her ears) was not allowed to wear her glasses for the ceremony/pictures?

You are an adult, and are able to consider this and make this decision for yourself for MEDICAL reasons. I hope that you reach an outcome that is satisfactory and helpful to you x

That poor girl is going to turn out to be such a screwed up adult, both physically (a la Joyce Wildenstein), and emotionally. What on earth is an 8 year old doing worrying about wrinkles? What is anyone doing worrying about wrinkles full stop? They are evidence of life. She is going to go on to have so many hang ups, complexes, and disorders about herself. The writing's on the wall. Mother could use a good few lessons on what parenting actually means. Then again, perhaps her behaviour is demonstrative of something significant from HER childhood.

I read about this somewhere else, it said the mom already waxes her daughters bikini line so she won't grow thick pubic hair :s

I don't really think this is an indication of modern society, this woman is just insane.

Archived