Ireland welcome the Queen

The Irish welcome the Queen yet bang on about an apology for the wrongs of the past. Do the Irish forget that they colaberated with the Germans in ww2. Yet again is it the black Irish and the White man's guilt. When will the Atonement end.

The Irish welcome the Queen yet bang on about an apology for the wrongs of the past. Do the Irish forget that they colaberated with the Germans in ww2. Yet again is it the black Irish and the White man's guilt. When will the Atonement end.

Which Irish people have said this then? None of my Irish friends eve mention it.

Really? Never heard that - lots of Irish fought for Britain despite the country itself being neutral.
It's history revisited by Riche wearing his XXIst century war-on-terror goggles ("if you're not with us, you're against us") ;)

(gentle) note to truman: the IRA is not 'Ireland' (either the British part to the North or the independent Republic part to the South). Never has been ;)

It would seem doubly odd, seeing that so many Irish (many more than IRA members, and from both sides of the Irish border) had gone off to fight Franco's forces and Hitler's "test army" in Spain years before WWII started.

(gentle) note to truman: the IRA is not 'Ireland' (either the British part to the North or the independent Republic part to the South). Never has been ;)

It would seem doubly odd, seeing that so many Irish (many more than IRA members, and from both sides of the Irish border) had gone off to fight Franco's forces and Hitler's "test army" in Spain years before WWII started.

I was just pointing out that "some" :) Irish people did collaborate..that's all..

I was just pointing out that "some" :) Irish people did collaborate..that's all..

I think the context is important, it's not like they supported nazi ideology afaik, just more of an 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' kind of thing. To them, we were (and to some we still are) the dirty oppressors and to be opposed at all costs.

Archived