Ireland welcome the Queen

Not sure I've suggested otherwise .. :)

Your (short) reply in the (much broader) context of the post you were replying to (quering the collaboration of 'Ireland', not 'the IRA' or 'some Irish') suggests that you were positing that Ireland had been collaborating. Hence the ensuing posts.

Call it a simple misunderstanding, then :)

The Irish welcome the Queen yet bang on about an apology for the wrongs of the past. Do the Irish forget that they colaberated with the Germans in ww2. Yet again is it the black Irish and the White man's guilt. When will the Atonement end.

You forgot to mention that a few thousand Irishmen fought and died for Britain during WW1 and WW2.

What's with the "black Irish" bit? They are a white Aryan people

Anyway back to the queen, the first thing i thought of was, dint the EU recently bail ireland out? 26 million splashed out on one person, ok two, including prince phillip
So did the UK, about £7bn's worth.

I think it reveals the OPs attitude towards the Irish, this explains more:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Irish

Somewhat representative of the Oliver Cromwell mentality I suspect. The Irish are a mixture of several races comprising of Celts, Gaels, Danes, Anglo-Saxons and Normans as well as Iberians. Very much akin to modern day English people

Somewhat representative of the Oliver Cromwell mentality I suspect. The Irish are a mixture of several races comprising of Celts, Gaels, Danes, Anglo-Saxons and Normans as well as Iberians. Very much akin to modern day English people

Ive just downloaded an interesting documentary off bbc i player on that very subect, already got two about the early history of britain

Archived