Drinks prices in pubs.

Shhhh you wil spoil the rumour that’s going around about the smoking ban killing pub trade.

I agree- its the the pubco's and the government taxes that are killing the pub trade.

A few years ago i would have met my mates and stayed in the pub all night with them, now we have a couple in the pub because we like the atmosphere and go back to peoples houses if we want a proper drink- its too expensive to sit in the pub and pay £3 a pint all night.

OK so you've saved £1.00 on the beer, she drinks wine, and it's £5.00 a glass, a decent Pinot Grigio costs £4.50 a bottle, 4 glasses per bottle, give me a break.

You said in the OP she drinks large glasses - there are 3 of those to a bottle (250ml per glass, 750 ml in bottle, usually).

Either way it would usually work out cheaper just to buy the bottle from the start.

*remembers the days when you could get a bottle of house red for £5 in the Springvale*

ETA: No I don't, apparently it was £6. ;)

I only go out twice a week to local Pub quizzes in S6, that's cos I refuse on principle to pay more than £2.60 a Pint for drinks, but even in the Robin Hood it's about £2.80-a Pint and that's for Farmer's Blonde from Bradfield.

Just shows the mark up pubco's make. A pint of Farmers in the Blake in Walkley is £2 and I think still £1.80 in the Nags Head down Loxley.

I agree- its the the pubco's and the government taxes that are killing the pub trade.

A few years ago i would have met my mates and stayed in the pub all night with them, now we have a couple in the pub because we like the atmosphere and go back to peoples houses if we want a proper drink- its too expensive to sit in the pub and pay £3 a pint all night.

Or the other way around people drink at home and then just go out for the last hour,

we used to meet in the local about 7 / 7.30, after a few, go down town and do the pub crawl before going to a club and then a taxi home, I hate to think what that would cost now.

Come on you whippersnappers give us a clue, what does a good session on a Friday / Saturday night cost.

Or the other way around people drink at home and then just go out for the last hour,
we used to meet in the local about 7 / 7.30, after a few, go down town and do the pub crawl before going to a club and then a taxi home, I hate to think what that would cost now.

Come on you whippersnappers give us a clue, what does a good session on a Friday / Saturday night cost.

I've given up on trying to have a good session these days, I'm getting past it, but, when, on the rare occassion I do go out into town with the intention of being drunk, I have to take at least £75. Far cry from my £5 days :(

It isn't usually too bad if you follow the offers. The clubs will contact you through Facebook with their offers, so you can usually find free entry and things like 8 sambucas for £10, Jagerbombs for £2, £1 for shots, £1.20 for a vodka/mixer, £1.50 bottles. So if you preload on vodka, cider and Nightnurse it can be a cheap night out. Say £25 including your share of the taxi home, and far less if you get someone to buy your drinks.

It isn't usually too bad if you follow the offers. The clubs will contact you through Facebook with their offers, so you can usually find free entry and things like 8 sambucas for £10, Jagerbombs for £2, £1 for shots, £1.20 for a vodka/mixer, £1.50 bottles. So if you preload on vodka, cider and Nightnurse it can be a cheap night out. Say £20 including the taxi home, and far less if you get someone to buy your drinks.

But the invites I get on Facebook are awful - Joey Essex / Ja Rule at Steelhouse, no thanks

Archived