Drinks prices in pubs.

It isn't usually too bad if you follow the offers. The clubs will contact you through Facebook with their offers, so you can usually find free entry and things like 8 sambucas for £10, Jagerbombs for £2, £1 for shots, £1.20 for a vodka/mixer, £1.50 bottles. So if you preload on vodka, cider and Nightnurse it can be a cheap night out. Say £25 including your share of the taxi home, and far less if you get someone to buy your drinks.

Nightnurse and a shot, phar.

Get a Nelson down your neck; 50% Vodka and 50% Jeyes Fluid.

A gobful of that your arm drops off, and you go blind in one eye.

• 1 month later...
Just shows the mark up pubco's make. A pint of Farmers in the Blake in Walkley is £2 and I think still £1.80 in the Nags Head down Loxley.

Pint of Easy Rider and 1/2 of Erdinger at the Dev middle handley £5;20p

Pint of Farmers Pale Ale and 1/2 of Erdinger at the Nags £3;40p,no contest,ok decors better but we go out for a drink and a chat not to stare at the deco.

If I were to go out with my wife and I have 4 pints of Timothy Taylor's Landlords, and she had 4 large glasses of wine, the cost would be £32.00. Neither of us are willing to drink in a Wetherspoon environment, so we tend to drink at home.

How has the cost of going to the pub affected you guys?

Why don't you just get a bottle? It'd be lots cheaper and if she doesn't drink it all, you can take it home at the end of the evening. Or would that be too simple and stop you having an excuse for not going out where you might meet some new people. :D

The lemonade costs more that the wine these days. £1.50 for a small glass locally. :o

My parents used to go to the pub every night and every weekend lunchtime. Their life revolved around it. My father risked his license every time he drove back from the pub. I started drinking in the late 70s and was out most lunchtimes and nights as well.

There were three channels on the TV back then and they stopped broadcasting around midnight. I used to hanker after a 'local' like I grew up with but most of the people were plain boring or annoying. Now, I get to talk to people all over the world, can find like-minded people and watch pretty much anything I want from my own home.

I may venture out for something to eat like I did at Heeley City Farm today or to see a band in a pub but why would I want to sit in a pub to drink unless there is something specific happening? I open a bottle of wine and I surf, maybe watch a bit of TV with the kids. Suits me fine.

Archived