Teachers and Sick Leave..

Who's to blame for teacher sickness?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's to blame for teacher sickness?

• Teachers
    • Kids
    • Politicians
    • Parents

As I keep explainin, it is wrong to take time off for made up illnesses such as stress and then expect full pay.

People who hog these jobs, deny another person the chance of secure employment and in this day and age that is not right.

You appear to have no clue what you are talking about. I have dealt with people unable to leave the house, who burst in to tears at the slightest provocation as a result of workplace stress.

I also have no idea why you are going on about teachers as if they are skivers when their sickness absence rates, as I showed in my post on the first page is less than in large private sector companies. Teachers should be being applauded for their resilience!

You seem to have a huge chip on your shoulder and worthless opinions based on views unsupported (in fact opposite) to the facts.

Ultimatly, if you guys want to condone idleness and skivers then thats your way.

At least with benefit cheats we call them what they are = cheats.

Its a shame skivers are not treat as harshly, because in my opinion skivers are worse than people who fiddle the benefits systesm or fiddle their tax returns

At least with the self employed fiddling the books, they are at least doing something to create wealth, and not expecting others to wipe their bottoms

I don't think anyone would condone someone purposely pretending to be ill, while they are perfectly healthy. But you seem to think that all people who suffer from an invisible illness are putting it on, that's just silly.

I don't believe you worked at a college and I don't believe that you run your own business either...:D

Im a bit concerned with this statement:

At least with the self employed fiddling the books, they are at least doing something to create wealth, and not expecting others to wipe their bottoms

So as well as lying can we assume that you defraud the Tax office - is that not illegal :suspect:

Guest sibon

But they are expecting their bottoms wiped. They want a health service, roads, an educated workforce, etc etc. yet the aren't prepared to pay for it.

Guest sibon
Self employed

What happened to the college lecturing?

Remember, you used to be an expert on EMA.

What are your qualifications to make such a pronouncement?

I have sufficient qualifications to express my opinion on a forum,

What qualification do you have to conclude that that a forum member with a different opinion to you is either a failed teacher or they don’t have the qualifications to become a teacher?

Should people who live in an area blighted by anti social behaviour either put up or leave? No, you work with the police to reduce the behaviour

There a difference between being paid to do nothing and where you live.

If you employed a builder on a daily rate and he rang you to say he couldn't work for a couple of months because he had a allergy to cement, would you employ another builder or would you just keep paying him for doing nothing?

So you rail against students who use their EMA for purposes other than books; complain about teachers who take unwarranted sick days; (in your opinion - or are you a doctor as well as a teacher and self employed)?

Yet you have the temerity to boast about lying in interviews, faking qualifications and tricking your university lecturer and conning your students. Unbelieveable. Literally.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=708099&highlight=ema

You are no one to sit in judgement of others

As well as falsely claiming insurance and thieving to feed/clothe her child.

Bet the house is a right Aladdin's cave. :hihi:

Did you miss the bit in your link that said:

Or the bit that said:

Come to think of it, do you have any figures for the numbers of teachers off with stress? Or those on long term sick leave? Can you provide comparative data with other professions? Do you know the long term trends?

I await your input, with considerable interest.

Yes

yes

no

no

no

no

But I do know that my children’s education suffered because two teachers were never at work and the school couldn't provide a permanent replacement. In my opinion a child’s educations is more important than the rights of a teacher to sit at home on full pay that can't teach.

Archived