Teachers and Sick Leave..

Who's to blame for teacher sickness?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who's to blame for teacher sickness?

• Teachers
    • Kids
    • Politicians
    • Parents

So you think teachers who are not up to the job should continue to throw sick and recieve full pay?

Being sick doesn't mean you can't do the job.

It probably means you're sick of the reprobates you teach and the pillocks who tell you what to do.

I think the pressure to meet targets and the constant changes in education has something to do with the level of stress amongst teachers. And the behaviour of a minority of pupils (and parents) who can be vicious and nasty.

I don't know if the building of more pupil referral units & more parenting classes are the answer for the small minority, but teachers shouldn't be expected to cope with the crap that they do.

It probably means you're sick of the reprobates you teach and the pillocks who tell you what to do.

Or possibly that you've been diagnosed with cancer, or had a stroke, or have got pneumonia after a bout of flu...

Exactly.

Sues_budgie takes a very simplistic 'blame the victim' mentality, which is further evidence that he/she probably isn't a teacher

Or possibly that you've been diagnosed with cancer, or had a stroke, or have got pneumonia after a bout of flu...

But my sarcasm was more amusing than serious truthfulness.:hihi:

(My daughters had 3 days off in nearly 4 years of teaching ,her colleagues have had weeks off - trying to get cheap holidays out of term probably)

You should know as you were saying on another thread that you're an F.E. lecturer

Here's that post Mister M, I wonder what subject sues_budgie teaches?

It simply goes on beer money, rarely goes on studying.

I should know, I'm a Lecturer at Sheff College.

Most courses simply pass the time on, until the students become pregnant by any one of a dozen fathers.

The Beauty Students - gobbing and swearing at the tram stops and also in the canteens

Then get another job then

Why?

Why should people be forced out of jobs because children can't behave, parents can be a pain in the arse, senior teachers think they have the right to be in charge and the power mongers couldn't establish an education system if their lives depended upon it.

Archived